PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 03:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

isevilla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Navi wants to constantly upgrade then gets corrupted

I have the treo pro for a couple of days now and when I went into the sprint navi to configure it everything was working fine. I went to use it for the 2nd time and it wanted to upgrade the software so I did. Now when I go to launch it the thing wants to download an update again but goes to weird telenav site and then says device not recognized etc.

The navi is now corrupted I assume and the only way to use it is to say no dont upgrade and go through a few screens before I get to main screen.

Thanks in advice for your help its greatly appreciated!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre and pro
Carrier: sprint

wideeyed85 is a n00b
Re: Sprint Navi wants to constantly upgrade then gets corrupted

no your navi isnt corrupted, i have a stp as well, so this is what i did, it'll take you to that telenav website to download the newest iteration of the software, go to sprint navigationclick on it, then it says to begin downloading select carrier, sprint/nextel, select, the sorry we could not recognize your device promt will appear, scroll down past the other manufacturers, palm will be the fifth on down, select, pick which model phone you've got, treo850e of course (actual model name for the pro) select, and download cab to the phone or the memory card whatever you do, voila, success, if you hadnt freaked and just gone through, you would have figured it out, without messing anything up
Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

isevilla is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyed85 View Post
no your navi isnt corrupted, i have a stp as well, so this is what i did, it'll take you to that telenav website to download the newest iteration of the software, go to sprint navigationclick on it, then it says to begin downloading select carrier, sprint/nextel, select, the sorry we could not recognize your device promt will appear, scroll down past the other manufacturers, palm will be the fifth on down, select, pick which model phone you've got, treo850e of course (actual model name for the pro) select, and download cab to the phone or the memory card whatever you do, voila, success, if you hadnt freaked and just gone through, you would have figured it out, without messing anything up
First of all I didnt know that the actual model of the phone is an 850e and second even following your directions it still doesnt work and still wants to download an update even though it has been upgraded.

So, anything else to try?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre and pro
Carrier: sprint

wideeyed85 is a n00b

well, anything further i dont know what to tell you, considering that was the first time i updated my sprint navigation, and outlined how to do it, unless your installing it to the memory card and not installing the cab i dont know what to tell you
Old 07-30-2009, 03:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

isevilla is a n00b

There wasnt much to it at all it goes to web, downloads and installs cab to main memory. So not much to screw up there.

Oh well I will just bypass the stupid prompt for now at least it works if I skip wanting to upgrade prompt.

Thanks for the help anyway and take care!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro