PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Taking the plunge

I think after a long debate that im going to be coming over the Treo Pro from the Touch Pro... Has anyone done this and not regretted it lol. Also I build roms for the Touch Pro, is there an unlocker yet for the Treo Pro as I would be happy to cook some roms up for yall
Thanks,
Chris

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Re: Taking the plunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFay View Post
I think after a long debate that im going to be coming over the Treo Pro from the Touch Pro... Has anyone done this and not regretted it lol. Also I build roms for the Touch Pro, is there an unlocker yet for the Treo Pro as I would be happy to cook some roms up for yall
Thanks,
Chris

No Unlocker yet...I recently sold my Htc touch pro like lastnite...Went from the diamond to touch pro to palm pro and back to the touch pro felt like I was missing something...found out I wasnt missing anything...so I went back the my sprint palm treo pro...and I dont regret it at all...!

To me beside the screen on a htc touch pro...My Palm Treo Pro is a superior machine...my opinion
Old 07-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I came from the Touch Pro to the Treo Pro and don't regret one second of it. The Touch Pro is a seriously fun toy but I found that I was constantly updating it (with Juicy, Mighty, Silence roms) always trying to find the perfect one, there isn't one. The phone always had something that bugged me from lagging text input to crappy battery life to heating up while on a call etc. Fix one thing and another rears it's head. It was a time sucker for sure. The Treo Pro just works. It's slim, fast, the battery goes for days and it never lags. It is pleasantly boring
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

I absolutely agree with the previous responses. My transition from the Touch Pro to the Treo Pro has been awesome. The Touch Pro was cool, but the Treo Pro is just plain awesome and it just works. The Touch Pro took hours out of my life tweaking and modding - The Treo Pro has added hours to my life. Now, I'm all about being functional instead of sexy... although, the Treo Pro is pretty sexy in its own right.

That being said, there is still some room for improvement. I can't even imagine how awesome this phone would be if 1/10 the effort was made to improve it as has been put into the Touch Pro. Honestly, this phone is so good that I doubt I would spend the time in flashing a new ROM, even if there was an unlocker developed - but .cabs are always good!
EVO 4G > Sprint Hero > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Treo Pro > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Touch Diamond > Sprint Touch > AT&T Tilt > AT&T Blackjack II > Blackberry Pearl > Dell X51 > Dell X5 > HP iPaq > Palm IIIxe > Palm Pilot
Old 07-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Yea im loving this phone so far, it just WORKS lol, loaded all the tweaks on there and its niceee so far. o and picture mail WORKS lol.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

How do you guys like the internet browser on the Treo Pro?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
How do you guys like the internet browser on the Treo Pro?
Im using skyfire, works amazing with embedded flash so i can watch youtube lol.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

I'm using Opera 9.7 and Skyfire with good success. I've not spent much time with the Internet Explorer that comes with it.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

I hope they get an unlocker for this phone soon... I really want to make yall some roms
Old 07-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think i am considering this change too..as much as i love the touch pro and it's vga screen, i'm looking for something that "works" consistantly as the treo pro aparently does. Also i'm on alltel, but i should be able to get it activated on alltel. What do you guys say? CFay, what are your regrets (if any)?

Last edited by Leukay; 07-18-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro