PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPrint

JaxDreamFunding is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding
Cool Profile Changer

I switched from an HTC Touch Diamond to the Treo Pro and love the Treo...I was using SBSH Phone Weaver to switch profiles for meetings, night-time, etc. it worked great on the Diamond, but I am noticing that it is not always changing the sounds and such on the Treo.

What are you using for Profiles?

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

cfendrick is becoming a great contributor
Re: Profile Changer

I've tried Spb Phone suite and HtC Home 2.1 and neither worked 100% and had lots of errors or resulted in silent ringing or other problems conflicts.

Some say a beta MS3 is working, but I haven't tried it. I tried a current version MS3 and the profiles didn't work at all.

I would love to have a one touch working profile changer as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding
Smile Re: Profile Changer

The main thing that I am looking for is to automatically go to vibrate during meetings...the other is to put the sounds to SILENT for SMS/MMS/email at night...and change the ringer to OLDPHONE so if my phone rings, it wakes me up. I do not need all the fancy indicators for mail and such....
Old 06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

davidck65 is becoming a great contributor

I have had problems with both SBSH PhoneWeaver and SPB PhoneSuite. Neither worked well - ringers got messed up, auto switching didn't work, etc. Have been using phone alarm pro lately. Still not perfect but it works for the most part. Profiles switch automatically but occasionally some setting doesn't switch correctly. Still looking for a more stable solution.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So far my best experiences have been with SBSH PhoneWeaver...the only issues I am having is that it does not set or reset the VoiceMail sound and sometimes the eMail sound does not work...so far the Profiles have been auto-switching for me...
Old 06-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Everything I've tried (MS3, Winterface, Resco contacts etc.) all had one issue or another and most all of them messed the ringer to one degree or another. I've found the best solution is to just use the standard old WM6.1 screen that comes with the phone and flip the switch on top to set the phone to vibrate - works every time. It's ugly and boring but, it works. Oh, and when I don't load any of the other shells the battery last freakin' forever.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, you are right...the switch does work every time...but the switch does not put the SMS and email OFF and leave ht ringer on at night....LOL....but who wants to get woke up at 3am?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

True but the switch does set everything to vibrate and the vibrations don't wake me up (I put the phone on a wash cloth which absorbs the vibrations. It's a system I can live with - flip a switch at night, flip it again in the morning.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I like the washcloth idea, but I need my phone to wake me up if it rings...not that I WANT to be awaken, but I do need to be if it rings...
Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

this works for the touch pro but give it a try or look around in this area? as its a windows mobile device.
go to the settings tab. click volume and check automatic. then it will automatically go to vibrate when you have a meeting on your calander
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro