PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Treo Pro Screen size vs Touch Pro's

Okay, I actually have the Diamond, but I figured that title would get abit more attention, lol

Okay, I'm thinking about switching to the Treo Pro, and I haven't been to a Sprint store yet, so I figured I'd ask you guys. Is the Treo's screen THAT much smaller?

The spec for the Treo Pro I found is 2.44 vs the Diamond's 2.8

Doesn't seem like much of a difference!

Is it really THAT noticeable when cruising websites (as I mobile ALOT) and watching video (I also do this ALOT)? (as in annoying since you are coming from a TP/Diamond)

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

tpthomastt is a n00b
Re: Treo Pro Screen size vs Touch Pro's

The two screens are quite different. The TP has a square screen, 320x320, whereas the Diamond has a rectangular screen, 480x640. I've enjoyed using the TP for the past several months. But, if I was a heavy video, I'd probably prefer a larger screen. I have been interested in the new Pre and Diamond because the screens are larger than the TP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for your reply bro. Later this week, maybe Saturday, I'll probably just go to the store and see for myself. I'm just tired of weak battery life, and having to carry around 2 extra batteries (though, they are small enough not to be a nuisance, it's just the point, ya know?), and just a buggy OS.

Thanks, later
Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

if you place a custom rom on the diamond like mightyrom etc. you will have a much better battery use and also fixes most of the the issue of the stock rom.

Personally I am undecided between my touch pro and treo pro. The screen size and clarity is so much better on the touch pro. the easy one hand use and snappyness of the treo pro has me coming back to it all the time. Although with long emails I much prefer the touch pro keyboard, but for text etc the treo pro is easier and faster to use.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Umm..if you look under my name (upper left), you'll see I'm running a custom rom. In fact, I've ran several since then (just haven't bothered to change it)

Battery life flat out sucks on the Diamond. I get 6 hours with Outlook checking email every 30min, about 30 txt messages, and perhaps 10 min of phone calls. Also, I of course use the Net.

Don't let me actually use the phone to talk on, oh gawd no, LOL

But thanks for replying though.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I came from a Touch Pro, and had two other 2.8inch screens prior to that. I dont think the smaller screen is that much of an issue, now if you were watching videos on it that would be a different story, but for browsing i find the treo screen to work fine. The added stability outweighs the smaller screen anyday.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro