PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
yve
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 T-Mobile
Carrier: T-Mobile

yve is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchanging Treo 800w for Treo Pro

Hello all I'm student winmo user trying to save a buck, If I get a new 800w from fleabay can I bring it back to a local store within 30 days an get the pro ? or this policy only works for new accounts ?
I currently have two SERO accounts with a 1-1/2 in contract and $ 4.00 insurance NOT TEP.

Any ideas ?
Thank you all in advanced.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey
Re: Exchanging Treo 800w for Treo Pro

I don't think it works like that.

You could wait a few months and get the Treo Pro for cheap, since it'll go down in price on ebay like all phones do a few months after release.

We're all trying to save a buck here.... doesn't legitimize trying to beat the system.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Iam not to sure that will work...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
yve
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 T-Mobile
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

yve is a n00b

Thank you both appreciate your HELP..
Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No, that won't work.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yve View Post
Hello all I'm student winmo user trying to save a buck, If I get a new 800w from fleabay can I bring it back to a local store within 30 days an get the pro ? or this policy only works for new accounts ?
I currently have two SERO accounts with a 1-1/2 in contract and $ 4.00 insurance NOT TEP.

Any ideas ?
Thank you all in advanced.
Can you buy anything from ebay and return it to a store for an exchange or refund? What would make you think this is possible, or ok for that matter? If you're going to do this why not save more money by just stealing a freakin' phone from someone?
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:43 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I doubt that would work, mostly because, Sprint keeps records of the phones you purchase from them. But as Jaggrey said, "We're all trying to save a buck here.... doesn't legitimize trying to beat the system."
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

I actually have a Treo 800w that I bought in July 2008 from Sprint. I have already traded it in once because of random issues like:

-The device turning off and I have to take the battery out and put it back in for it to turn on.
-Device overheating when at low battery and staying off for like 20 minutes charging and then turn back on.
-The Speakerphone is terrible.
-The battery life sucks.

I want to trade it in for the Treo Pro but I have a feeling they will just give me another 800w. Which means the same problem over and over again.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, HTC Mogul

khalaan is just getting started

@JAmerican: I just got off the phone with sprint, I've had those troubles, in addition to very regular radio troubles requiring hard reset, and exchange problems, they had swapped out my 800w 2 times already and finally agreed to give me a Pro. I am glad I was persistent and followed up with them again. I should see my Pro in the mail in a few days.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmerican View Post
-Device overheating when at low battery and staying off for like 20 minutes charging and then turn back on.
at least for this one, even the Treo Pro states in the user quick guide that it too will do this...just fyi

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro