PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What should I do?

So - let me preface by saying I am one of those weird guys that actually has 3 phones for business, personal, and other. Its a weird situation...

Anyways, I have every HTC phone for Sprint except the Diamond. So when I had to get my 3rd line for work, evrybody on the company is on Blackberry's so I decided "what the heck?". I figured I could use their email servers and be in sync with everybody else. So I got the Blackberry curve and i HATE it.

My 30 day return period ends March 4th. I was thinking about exchanging the phone for the 800w, but I see the Treo pro might be out at the end of the month. Should I hold out til the last possible minute and pay the extra for the Pro? Or should I just switch to the 800w now? Did I mention that I HATE the blackberry? I guess I'm just a WinMo guy...

Advice?

[
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2

cannibalslug is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: What should I do?

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-26-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

boosted21 is just getting started

Sorry, I was logged in under my coworker's username: I have the Palm Pro.

I work for Sprint and I'm the advocate for the Palm Pro, if I were you I would wait for the Palm Pro...If you get close to the 30 day return policy and the Palm Pro still hasn't come out just cancel on the last day get your money back and wait for the Palm Pro. It should be coming out soon. That's my best advise to you. Don't get the 800w. Hope I helped.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Threadstarter

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

ok - i'm not too sure how the 30 day thing works... I got the Curve for $99 after all the discounts and rebates. If I return the phone at 29 days, will those rebates and discounts apply on the next phone I buy if I wait for the Treo Pro? Or will I lose those discounts and have to pay retail?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
ok - i'm not too sure how the 30 day thing works... I got the Curve for $99 after all the discounts and rebates. If I return the phone at 29 days, will those rebates and discounts apply on the next phone I buy if I wait for the Treo Pro? Or will I lose those discounts and have to pay retail?

If you return the curve you will revert back to your last contract. This will allow you to receive full 2 year pricing on your next device. The MIR will be void because it pertained to that exact device(curve).

Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
My 30 day return period ends March 4th. I was thinking about exchanging the phone for the 800w, but I see the Treo pro might be out at the end of the month. Should I hold out til the last possible minute and pay the extra for the Pro? Or should I just switch to the 800w now?
It mostly comes down to personal preference.

I'm using both and actually prefer the 800w to the Treo Pro. The STP has some nice advantages (flush screen, thinner, slightly better battery, better call quality) but I like the feel of the 800w much better. I use it primarily for email, messaging and internet, so call-quality while suitable is not a big deal for myself.

Basically it comes down to $99 vs $249 and what style/kb you prefer. Also if 3.5mm phone jack and stand alone GPS (vs aGPS) is important, then go for the Pro, if not the 800w is fine. Also, the Treo Pro doesn't look to be out till the 11th-15th, which is well past your 30 day period, but as mentioned above you can just go back to your old phone and wait till it finally comes out (hopefully it has the low-RAM fix too, we still need confirmation on that one).

Personally, if this was your primary phone, I'd say maybe go for the Pro. Being your 3rd device in use, why spend the extra money? Just get the $99 800w and spend $30 on the slim-extended battery to match the Treo Pro's battery life. Other than the above mentioned, they're both WM 6.1, aGPS, Wifi, BT 2.0, 2MP camera and 320x320--more in common than different.

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

I agree with Malatesta, there really isnt a huge difference between the two from a buisness standpoint, and with both being a square screen WM device, you'll be limited on your mods either way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro