PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   What should I do? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59058)

gearjunkeez 02-24-2009 03:58 PM

What should I do?

So - let me preface by saying I am one of those weird guys that actually has 3 phones for business, personal, and other. Its a weird situation...

Anyways, I have every HTC phone for Sprint except the Diamond. So when I had to get my 3rd line for work, evrybody on the company is on Blackberry's so I decided "what the heck?". I figured I could use their email servers and be in sync with everybody else. So I got the Blackberry curve and i HATE it.

My 30 day return period ends March 4th. I was thinking about exchanging the phone for the 800w, but I see the Treo pro might be out at the end of the month. Should I hold out til the last possible minute and pay the extra for the Pro? Or should I just switch to the 800w now? Did I mention that I HATE the blackberry? I guess I'm just a WinMo guy...

Advice?

cannibalslug 02-24-2009 10:58 PM

Re: What should I do?

boosted21 02-24-2009 11:00 PM

Sorry, I was logged in under my coworker's username: I have the Palm Pro.

I work for Sprint and I'm the advocate for the Palm Pro, if I were you I would wait for the Palm Pro...If you get close to the 30 day return policy and the Palm Pro still hasn't come out just cancel on the last day get your money back and wait for the Palm Pro. It should be coming out soon. That's my best advise to you. Don't get the 800w. Hope I helped.

gearjunkeez 02-25-2009 04:08 AM

ok - i'm not too sure how the 30 day thing works... I got the Curve for $99 after all the discounts and rebates. If I return the phone at 29 days, will those rebates and discounts apply on the next phone I buy if I wait for the Treo Pro? Or will I lose those discounts and have to pay retail?

bwhite4801 02-25-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearjunkeez (Post 737252)
ok - i'm not too sure how the 30 day thing works... I got the Curve for $99 after all the discounts and rebates. If I return the phone at 29 days, will those rebates and discounts apply on the next phone I buy if I wait for the Treo Pro? Or will I lose those discounts and have to pay retail?

If you return the curve you will revert back to your last contract. This will allow you to receive full 2 year pricing on your next device. The MIR will be void because it pertained to that exact device(curve).

Malatesta 02-25-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearjunkeez (Post 735561)
My 30 day return period ends March 4th. I was thinking about exchanging the phone for the 800w, but I see the Treo pro might be out at the end of the month. Should I hold out til the last possible minute and pay the extra for the Pro? Or should I just switch to the 800w now?

It mostly comes down to personal preference.

I'm using both and actually prefer the 800w to the Treo Pro. The STP has some nice advantages (flush screen, thinner, slightly better battery, better call quality) but I like the feel of the 800w much better. I use it primarily for email, messaging and internet, so call-quality while suitable is not a big deal for myself.

Basically it comes down to $99 vs $249 and what style/kb you prefer. Also if 3.5mm phone jack and stand alone GPS (vs aGPS) is important, then go for the Pro, if not the 800w is fine. Also, the Treo Pro doesn't look to be out till the 11th-15th, which is well past your 30 day period, but as mentioned above you can just go back to your old phone and wait till it finally comes out (hopefully it has the low-RAM fix too, we still need confirmation on that one).

Personally, if this was your primary phone, I'd say maybe go for the Pro. Being your 3rd device in use, why spend the extra money? Just get the $99 800w and spend $30 on the slim-extended battery to match the Treo Pro's battery life. Other than the above mentioned, they're both WM 6.1, aGPS, Wifi, BT 2.0, 2MP camera and 320x320--more in common than different.

crashjack 02-25-2009 04:38 PM

I agree with Malatesta, there really isnt a huge difference between the two from a buisness standpoint, and with both being a square screen WM device, you'll be limited on your mods either way.