PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Opinion

Thinking about getting my wife this phone. WHat do you all think about it? ANything that would be good to know before aquiring it?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Opinion

What are you looking for? Are you looking for a "phone" or a "PPC?"

Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Threadstarter

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
What are you looking for? Are you looking for a "phone" or a "PPC?"
Well both, since it is a PPC Phone.
She currently has the 700wx
Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

If she like the looks and feel of the Treo why not just go for the Treo Pro? Although there are many other devices out there I can say from my own experience you get used to the external QWERTY keyboard. I had my challenges going from the Treo650 to the HTC PPC6700. I was in happy when I got my MotoQ only for the external keyboard.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Just in case you didn't already know CyberMonkey, the Sprint Treo Pro goes on sale Sunday 3/15/2009. It can already be purchased at some Best Buy stores.

Sprint will sell it for $199 on contract. Best Buy currently sells it for $249 on contract, but you can get Best Buy to price match (give you $50 back) once Sprint starts selling it.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Just in case you didn't already know CyberMonkey, the Sprint Treo Pro goes on sale Sunday 3/15/2009. It can already be purchased at some Best Buy stores.

Sprint will sell it for $199 on contract. Best Buy currently sells it for $249 on contract, but you can get Best Buy to price match (give you $50 back) once Sprint starts selling it.
Thanks for the info
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

kaw900r is a n00b
Cool Re: Opinion

Well to answer your question it is a gr8 phone just needs a better battery. I have mine loaded to the hilt and it does everything. You can buy it if you like just reply no contract needed.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO<Pre<TP<Treo800w<Back2Vogue<Diamond<Vogue<Treo

BrandiBran is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to BrandiBran Send a message via Skype™ to BrandiBran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
Well to answer your question it is a gr8 phone just needs a better battery. I have mine loaded to the hilt and it does everything. You can buy it if you like just reply no contract needed.
Loaded to the hilt? I just bought one used because I got bored with my htc touch... What software do you recommend?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, u can go here and cee what other 800w users have...my post is #3, its a start.....
but, what made u bored with the 6900???? u no likey to flash...no pun intended of course
Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

kaw900r is a n00b
Cool Re: Opinion

Mine is running spb mobil3, spb time, rosco editor, spb screen capture, spb weather spb phone suite, touch flo, pandora, nfl mobile live and a couple of other things. Also a 16gb sdhc card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w