PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rastoma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo800w keyboard and screen turns on by itself, any fix?

After giving up the Touch Pro due to battery life, I got a Treo 800w. After 2 days, I now get horrible battery life too... because every couple of mins the keyboard backlight and screen turns on. It stays on for about 10 seconds then turns off, then the cycle repeats. Sometimes it won't go off unless I press a key to bring up the home screen then let it go off again.

I have installed the two Palm updates regarding USB charging and (whatever the other one is). I have done two hard resets (and reinstalled the updates). No difference. It does this whether the updates are installed or not.

This is so frustrating.

I have tried disabling AND enabling the screen saver, no effect either way.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Treo800w keyboard and screen turns on by itself, any fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoma View Post
After giving up the Touch Pro due to battery life, I got a Treo 800w. After 2 days, I now get horrible battery life too... because every couple of mins the keyboard backlight and screen turns on. It stays on for about 10 seconds then turns off, then the cycle repeats. Sometimes it won't go off unless I press a key to bring up the home screen then let it go off again.

I have installed the two Palm updates regarding USB charging and (whatever the other one is). I have done two hard resets (and reinstalled the updates). No difference. It does this whether the updates are installed or not.

This is so frustrating.

I have tried disabling AND enabling the screen saver, no effect either way.

Any suggestions?
peace bro...ya gotta read the threads, first. but check it out, go to start/settings/system/backlight-on battery power tab, uncheck where it says 10 secs...but u gotta babysit that, hardware issue forces it back to 10 secs from time to time

Last edited by skeegcpp; 02-18-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Once you get the power settings configured as skee mentioned try Keylight. I've installed it and it has imporved my battery life. Good Luck.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Once you get the power settings configured as skee mentioned try Keylight. I've installed it and it has imporved my battery life. Good Luck.
good looking out..ima research that...
Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

JCSands is becoming a great contributor

+1 for Keylight. Mapping the side button makes it a cinch to turn the kb light on and off.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Here's the link for the keylight post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=2

And there are already at least two other thread about this. Please do a search first so we don't have multiple threads about the same subject.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52929
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55420
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
peace bro...ya gotta read the threads, first.
already covered bossman
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks like you have gotten plenty of good advice already and some links to existing threads where you can discuss this issue so I will close this thread down. Thanks for posting

Dave
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w