PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rododson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No reset button

I use WkTask - - great launcher, actual CLOSE button, and provide soft-reset (which if you hold the power button and release once the Palm screen and status bar shows will also perform a Hard reset) without having to remove the cover.

I also have tested this: http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...pocketpc.shtml on the 800w and it works as well.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w & HTC Snap (wife's)
Threadstarter

DavidIQ is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DavidIQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea43 View Post
Soft reset you remove battery door and there ia a small hole on the left side of the battery Use stylus and push the button for soft resest. Hard reset you have to hold the end key(Red button) and use stylus to push the same button on the left side of the battery or while holding the end key you can remove the battery Its the same thing and then it will ask you do you want to erase all data There is a way to do it slso by holding 2 buttons on the 700WX but I am unsure which I am sure your cellphone customer service will have the correct way
This is miss-information. There is no soft reset button anywhere on the 800w which is the whole reason this topic was started.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:18 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea43 View Post
Soft reset you remove battery door and there ia a small hole on the left side of the battery Use stylus and push the button for soft resest. Hard reset you have to hold the end key(Red button) and use stylus to push the same button on the left side of the battery or while holding the end key you can remove the battery Its the same thing and then it will ask you do you want to erase all data There is a way to do it slso by holding 2 buttons on the 700WX but I am unsure which I am sure your cellphone customer service will have the correct way
To the OP: Please post pic of your 800w's reset hole.

(There's no reason to make up (fake) information like this ...)

Last edited by willysp; 08-02-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: StarTec
Carrier: Cellular One

Painter_ is keeping up the good workPainter_ is keeping up the good work

There is no soft reset hole on my 800w. The instructions say to pull the battery to soft reset.

To hard reset. Pull the battery press and hold the red button while inserting the battery.

I use wisbar to soft reset.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G and Treo Pro

xdalaw is becoming a great contributor

The reason a reset hole would be so helpful is that sometimes you'll get a freeze/lockup and the soft reset software programs wont help.

And, while I've gotten good at removing my battery door, one of my batteries is hard to remove once the door is off. It's a bit snug and too slippery.

I read somewhere that Palm decided not to include the button because they felt "people were using it too much" in their earlier devices that had one. I have no idea why this was a problem for them? For a WM device, an easy soft reset should be mandatory.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w & HTC Snap (wife's)
Threadstarter

DavidIQ is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DavidIQ

Maybe they're trying to keep up with desktop PCs where they've gotten rid of the reset button as well...
Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

its annoying cause when you lock up your device, which is most of the times you need to reset, you have no choice but to pull the battery. The reset hole would have been nice and a lot more convenient.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Lurker

Phone Insanity is a n00b

That's because the 800w doesn't need to be reset.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

normally it doesnt WM treos are very stable. But when youre trying new 3rd party software sometimes stuff does happen especially with this new resolution. still a reset hole would be nice
Old 08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
normally it doesnt WM treos are very stable. But when youre trying new 3rd party software sometimes stuff does happen especially with this new resolution. still a reset hole would be nice
This was one of my gripes with the 800 I purchased. I tried several 3rd party apps and when it crashed I had no way of resettting but to remove the battery cover (without ease) and remove the battery. Same thing when I had to hard reset. Decided not to keep the phone among other personal reasons.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w