PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
N00b

digital0verdose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Weatherpanel & A backup question.

1. I have been reading quite a bit here the past couple days and picked up on Weatherpanel. In theory this app looks really nice, but both times I have installed the app, after a soft reset, my phone gets bricked. It will get to where I can see the Start Bar and the Bottom bar but the carrier and everything else will not work. Thinking it could be due to the app using a good amount of resources I let it sit a few minutes but no progress. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

2. I downloaded the Back-up software Palm offers for free. Is this a good back-up solution? Is there a better one? And how do I load a back-up?

Thanks all!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: A Weatherpanel & A backup question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital0verdose
1. I have been reading quite a bit here the past couple days and picked up on Weatherpanel. In theory this app looks really nice, but both times I have installed the app, after a soft reset, my phone gets bricked. It will get to where I can see the Start Bar and the Bottom bar but the carrier and everything else will not work. Thinking it could be due to the app using a good amount of resources I let it sit a few minutes but no progress. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

2. I downloaded the Back-up software Palm offers for free. Is this a good back-up solution? Is there a better one? And how do I load a back-up?

Thanks all!
1. There are like a zillion people successfully using WeatherPanel - I have heard of none with this issue. You need to provide more information, such as where it's installed (SD card?), what other programs are you're running, etc. AND, it doesn't use many resources that I can tell...

2. I'm using Sprite, but I have yet to restore (never needed to)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

digital0verdose is a n00b
Re: A Weatherpanel & A backup question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital0verdose

Thanks all!
1. There are like a zillion people successfully using WeatherPanel - I have heard of none with this issue. You need to provide more information, such as where it's installed (SD card?), what other programs are you're running, etc. AND, it doesn't use many resources that I can tell...

2. I'm using Sprite, but I have yet to restore (never needed to)
The first time, there was quite a bit of stuff running, mainly stuff I learned about from the Post your Today Screen thread.

The second time I was working backward from programs I had installed, so at that time the only thing installed was Weatherpanel and I got the same result. Both times it was installed onto the device and not the SD card.

Could it have been a problem with the Malatesta Theme? There wasnt a theme folder where he stated in his directions so I put it in the default theme folder. I was able to access the theme from there fine.

UPDATE: Looks like it just takes about a 2 minutes for the Weatherpanel to load up. I guess my initial estimate was off.

Can anyone confirm how long it takes for their system to restart with Weatherpanel loaded along side Wisbar Lite?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX