PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Head set adapter

I have a headset adapter that I used with my 6700 to connect to my car stereo and listen to music mp3 and wma's being played by tcpmp on my 6700. When I make this same connection with my 700wx I only get mono sound. Why?! Do I need a different adapter or what, whats the difference? Thanks for the advice in advance
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
They are different, but I can't tell you why. I have looked at my adapter I had for my 6700 and my stereo handsfree for my WX (origionally bought for my 6700, but didn't work) and can't tell the difference. So you will need a new adapter.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Lurker

brightcell is a n00b
The adapter I got for my 6700 was originally for the Motorola ROKR (with 3 blacks "circles). It looks exactly like the headset that comes with the 700wx but unfortunately, I get only mono sound.
For some reason, an adapter with only 2 circles is what is needed for stereo sound... sucks to have to buy a need one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX