PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sharpdude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint 700wx 1.15 Update

Thanks for the heads up sharpdude. Let's keep all discussion on the patch limited to this thread, thanks! -Bearxor

Hey folks,

Don't know much about this update yet, but wanted to give you guys a heads up. Someone from TreoCentral posted this this morning.

Good morning everyone, according to Palm's website this update was released yesterday, but I haven't seen this news being posted anywhere so here goes.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

On the Treo 700wx, this update features:

* High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere1. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
* Advanced audio support (A2DP) – enjoy your music in full stereo with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
* Hands-free enhancements – Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.

Requirements:

* Current software version must be TREO700WX-1.13-SPNT or TREO700WX-1.14-SPNT
* You must use a desktop PC and a USB sync cable to install this update; it cannot be installed wirelessly.

Check it out.

(I got it from here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151168)
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Thanks for posting this Sharpdude...am installing right now. Will let you know if I run into any issues, problems, etc.

late,
Coz

EDIT: The update took about 40 minutes and everything seems to be running smooth. I'll have to play around with things to see if I notice any drastic improvements, etc.

Added Sprint Software Store to Programs and changed PIE homepage to some Sprint page.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
The link in Sharpdude's post gives me an error. Here is an updated link:

late,
Coz
Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MojoSwag is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MojoSwag Send a message via Yahoo to MojoSwag
where are you guys seeing this update? I'm looking everywhere and I can't find it.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Coz-erator

Mojo...just go here

and follow the directions.

late,
Coz
Old 08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
At the bottom of the page in the link cozboogie posted (i fixed the link in the OP, thanks) scroll all the way to the bottom, after reading the instructions of course, and hit continue. That will then prompt you to download the update.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor
Coz, let us know how this go's, going to do the update later tonight....
Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ice
Coz, let us know how this go's, going to do the update later tonight....
It was a problem free install. Took about 40 minutes. So far so good.

I seem to get a better signal in my office (I used to get no bar or one bar).

As I mentioned above the update changes your default PIE page and adds Sprint Software Store to your programs.

I haven't checked out the bt upgrades yet. I was running Hannip's ad2p mod so hopefully my bt connection and performance is unchanged.

late,
Coz
Old 08-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

liamtoh1 is a n00b
Smooth update without any issues. Took only 30 minutes as stated on Palm Support website.

I did not have the A2DP hack installed.

So far no negative impact seen. I do not have a stereo BT headset, hence cannot check if it works correctly or not.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Coz-erator

Tried out the bt on the drive home tonight. It seemed to take longer to establish a connection...but other than that everything else was worked as anticipated.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX