PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 AM
N00b

bigolyt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wireless Manager Broke?

If I press the signal strength (wireless manager) at the top of the today screen nothing happens...If I go to the settings > connections > wireless manager, it opens but when I click ON to turn on my phone it sits there with the infamous spinning circle. This only happens when my phone gets turned off somehow (Battery dieing, airplane mode etc.) Also if I hold down the end call and it shuts off I try and shut it back on with Green Make call it says phone is off, turn it on? I say yes and nothing happens?

Im confused....
Old 08-22-2007, 01:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigolyt is a n00b
I noticed that if I hold down the End call button again it turns it back on?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

black ice is becoming a great contributor
The end button is how you turm it on and off and the green call button do's give u the option of turning the phone on if its off. as far as the WM did u do a soft reset to see if it corrected any of this after? if so im going to say do a hard reset . and see if it fixes those issues.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigolyt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by black ice
The end button is how you turm it on and off and the green call button do's give u the option of turning the phone on if its off. as far as the WM did u do a soft reset to see if it corrected any of this after? if so im going to say do a hard reset . and see if it fixes those issues.
Understand that... my next question is previously before this stopped working I could press the Wireless Signal or the EVDO and the WM would come up. I did do a soft reset and have done a hard reset (from what I know is just pulling the battery) but I still have to turn on the WIFI manually by pressing the END call button.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolyt
I did do a soft reset and have done a hard reset (from what I know is just pulling the battery).
Just f.y.i....pulling the battery is not the same as doing a hard reset. To do a hard reset you must be holding down the red/end button while inserting your stylus into the soft reset button next to the battery. A new screen will come up asking you if you want to continue...just follow the directions on the screen.

late,
Coz
Old 08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigolyt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolyt
I did do a soft reset and have done a hard reset (from what I know is just pulling the battery).
Just f.y.i....pulling the battery is not the same as doing a hard reset. To do a hard reset you must be holding down the red/end button while inserting your stylus into the soft reset button next to the battery. A new screen will come up asking you if you want to continue...just follow the directions on the screen.

late,
Coz
I actually just read one of your posts that had mentioned how to do so

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX