PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: ATT

saucycg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
duh

just got it working...had to pin the Active Call plugin. I guess HTCHome unpins it during install and does not re-pin it when you uninstall.

I have Dial Lookup pinned with order 0 and Active Call also pinned with order 1 and nothing else is pinned.

Now to try and re-install HTCHome and see if I can get it to work with the Active Call plugin pinned....
Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Lurker

urbanity.x is a n00b
How do you go about pinning things? I am using Resco Explorer and I was able to "unpin" the HTC home plugin by changing:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/HTCHome/Type from 5 to 4

but how would I pin Active Call? The same method? Change from 4 to 5? I don't believe Resco has the nice option to order items, but someone please correct me!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Lurker

djcyph is a n00b
copying two of my posts from treocentral to see if anyone may know over here.

my first post:

k this seems to be kinda working for me....the verizon wireless (not the one in htc plugin), the one where bluetooth and broadcast location icons is wont disappear and the type a name or number thing still appears.

fyi...i used sk tools to unpin but since it was demo i couldnt see all entries so i couldnt move the order around. i dont know if that affected it or not. i did wat that guy said to do in registry instead. is there a way to move order in a reg editor. also it kept my background. how do i get that green background?

second post:

ok...so i was able to get rid of the verizon logo and type number or name thing by disabling dial lookup, but i dont want to keep that disabled since directions say that's a no no. now the problem i get with that is that i can't type a name or number i want to dial from home screen even if i did keep it disabled.

correct me if i am wrong but i see that you keep dial lookup enabled in the directions and it does not appear visually on the htc home screen. i am assuming that you are still able to type out name or number with that enabled?

so basically i am just asking how i can enable dial look up without it appearing on the htc homescreen like the original directions show. i just want to have the htc homescreen and be able to type a name or number without going into contacts.

i would even be open to have the dial lookup field below the htc homescreen but the today settings wont let me move it down.

any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: Sprint

webguy714 is a n00b
Go here for the solution on getting the caller staus screen to appear during a call. U can either use Resco Explorer or KBTools:

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...=148654&page=2

Last edited by webguy714; 12-04-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Home Plugin for Treo: How To

Change Active Call to type 6 and it wont show on menu.

I couldnt get the Sprint Logo to dissapear..

-CC
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

mike1224 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Change Active Call to type 6 and it wont show on menu.

I couldnt get the Sprint Logo to dissapear..

-CC
do you mean go from this:

to this:

I got the cab from a different site, which I don't know if I can say in forum. but I believe the file is called hidelogo. Yah, the carrier bar takes up way too much space on such a small screen.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b

I couldn't get HTC home to show up. I haven't been able to get this to work at all.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX
Carrier: Verizon

larryo108 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to larryo108 Send a message via MSN to larryo108 Send a message via Yahoo to larryo108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy1020 View Post
I am actually on a Treo 750, but there isn't any info on plugin in 750 forum, so I was hoping someone here could help.

Home plugin is working great, except:
1: Weather will not update. It will only connect and update when connected to active sync. I have tried everything including calling cingular to check internet settings.

2. This is the worst problem. When I use Dial lookup from today screen, a scroll bar appears on the right. This scroll bar covers a portion of the phone number I am dialing, and I have already made several wrong number calls because of it. Is there any way to remove bottom bar (found a great vjtodaytoggle which did this beautifully, but doesn't work for treos) or logo line (I have tried hidelogo.cab, and all it did was freeze my phone very badly), or make it so no scroll bar appears?

I am using WM5 6 tab plugin, with cuztomizer. Is it possible the 3 tab plugin takes up less screen area than 6 tab? I hate to lose my 3 extra tabs, but I will if it will work properly.

Thanks so much!!
Can you tell me where I can find the 6-tab version?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX