PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Home Plugin for Treo: How To

Okay, it's been done finally.

Give thanks to PPCGeeks user superevilllama for posting this.

Orignal Thread Here

This is a special tutorial for Treo users as I found this can screw with the Palm tweaks just a bit. Follow these tricks and you'll get this plugin and keep things like "dial lookup" and the in-call status screens.

Make sure you do a backup! This is an advanced (but easy) trick!

--> Download Zip file (sorry, has to be Rapidshare. Too big for PPCgeeks. Feel free to re-host elsewhere, like our FTP server)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, Treo specific information:

(a) You'll have a new plugin availabe called "Active Call". Do NOT un-check this as it could cause stability issues. This is a "hidden" plugin by Palm that needs to remain, so always leave it.

(b) You'll need something like SKTools --> Today Plugins for the rest. You can do this via registry, but I don't have the time/capability to explain that all. I leave that to you guys, lol

Basically, the HTC Plugin "pins" itself as Plugin number 0. This throws off all the Palm plugins, like on screen "Dial lookup", "in call screen", etc.

What you need to do via SKTools is to re-order the plugins as follows as well as "unpin" the HTC Home plugin:

Do that and maybe a soft-reset. Yes, you can keep HideLogo...no issues.

You'll have room for 1-plugin in addition to the HTC Home plugin, so be choosy!

At the end, you'll look like this:

Mini-Review:

- It's light on system resources
- It generally works very well. The 3rd tab is a "quick launcher".
- Obviously with our screen size, you loose some mad screen real estate
- US Cities for weather is limited. I believe this list is "hackable". Add to the to-do list
- There is a 5 tab version in the works, with Profiles and a Music Player tab
- It seems to disable "vibrate" with the ringer switch (need to verify). I use SBSH PhoneWeaver for my vibrate/profiles and that seems to work just fine. The Ringer switch though seems to throw all into silence. Be Warned!
- Overall, it's neat. Not sure if I'll keep it, but it does look cool.

Please post your experiences and/or any tricks you found!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started
Mal,

Sidenote... What setting are you using to change the button text to yellow?? UITweaker? TIA!

A
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbyc1
Mal,

Sidenote... What setting are you using to change the button text to yellow?? UITweaker? TIA!

A
UI Tweaker.

WM5Color Changer --> Command Bar Text
Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started
nice... Thanks
Old 07-28-2007, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell 3G

grypho is just getting started
Hi, Does somebody knows why it didn't worked with my hw6945? I installed all as described in the original thread but I only get an empty big square in my screen... the name of the plugin even appears on my today congifuration but I cannot make it work... Do you think this steps will work with my PDA?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Mala,

How stable is this plugin? It was mentioned memory leak etc in 6800 forum and how is this doing under 700wx?

Jeff
Old 07-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
I'm currently running in, but once it's installed if you have tray icons on then that is your other plug in.

it takes alot of the screen!! but at the same time, everything i had on my screen was consolidated to one nice looking plug in.

All my troe apps work just great, just follow the instructions and it'll work good

thanks mal

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Lurker

doZer is a n00b
confused

Treo 700wx user.

I have downloaded all the files and followed the instructions to the best of my abilities and can't get it to work.. let me show you where I may think I am having trouble.

My problems: I am using PHM RegEdit to apply the changes. what is meant by the terms "unpin"? is that SK Tools specific? I also need to select each item and change the "order" value... I do not have "Spb Mobile shell" as an item to order, is that nessecary?

I am also not seeing the item in my "checked items for today screen". I have tried changing the "enabled" value to "1" in the registry as well.

I am able to uninstall the program after multiple unsuccessful attempts, so I know it is there...

any ideas on how I can get this up and running? otherwise all the other instructions were followed to a "T"...

Help me stop feeling like a noob!!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
use the specific tool.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Is there anyway i can get this to work with the threaded sms app? On my 6700 the threaded app took over sms and sms did not appear in pocket outlook(just mms and email). So the buttons under the time worked as poutlook, threaded sms, missed calls. On my 700WX this does not seem to be true. I have the threaded sms but text also still appears in poutlook. So the buttons under the time work as poutlook, poutlook, missed calls. Is there any way to fix this? Or do i have to use a different version of the threaded sms than the one i'm using on my 6700?
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX