PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 03:12 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Verizon

2sa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where to save apps? Treo vs. 4G card....

As I have begun to accumilate applications, I need to start organizing how I store everything. I am a bit confused I guess but what in your opinion is the best storage filing method?

I have not had any trouble running anything in my current config but I am now looking at moving TCPMP from storage to the treo since I have more than one card with movies I want to watch. I have also begun to forget what tweaks and downloads I have done.

Currently I:
1. Download 95% of everything to the Desktop to a folder as a backup.
2. Drop the cab file into Treo My Documents folder on the desktop.
3. Install everything I can to my storage card.
4. Group what I can in file folders like: Mars Ware Folder>>Weather Panel Folder>>Added Themes.

Basically, what "should" go on the Treo and what "should" go on the card.

Please excuse my newbie questions, I am learning as fast as I can.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
The main thing is NEVER install apps on the SD card that run or is required on the Today's screen.

In addition, I install any apps I can do without in case I need to remove or I lose my SD card, which are mostly games or of entertainment value. I also installed Opera on the SD card, since I can always use Pocket IE if worse comes to worse.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Threadstarter

2sa is a n00b
Good to know....I think most of my Today apps are on the Treo. Might have to go through and double check that.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

baileyjs is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie.eddie
The main thing is NEVER install apps on the SD card that run or is required on the Today's screen.

In addition, I install any apps I can do without in case I need to remove or I lose my SD card, which are mostly games or of entertainment value. I also installed Opera on the SD card, since I can always use Pocket IE if worse comes to worse.
I don't know...I have just about everything on the sd card, including things like weather panel that runs on the today screen. I haven't had any issues with it, however that is the only program that is always running that I have on there. Everything thing else is programs that aren't continually running
Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjs
Quote:

I don't know...I have just about everything on the sd card, including things like weather panel that runs on the today screen. I haven't had any issues with it, however that is the only program that is always running that I have on there. Everything thing else is programs that aren't continually running
It's a common practice to keep Today screen apps installed on the device. This prevents any loading issues of the app, especially if the SD card accidently pops out, gets lost, or becomes damaged.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjs
Quote:

It's a common practice to keep Today screen apps installed on the device. This prevents any loading issues of the app, especially if the SD card accidently pops out, gets lost, or becomes damaged.
ill send that one... nething thats on the todayscreen goes on my device everything else to the memory card
Old 09-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Lurker

jeepnrocks is a n00b
What about the weather panel themes? Can they be kept in the memory card? I looked but couldn't find an option for this.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Weather Panel themes need to do on the device, as the program will not search the card.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Lurker

jeepnrocks is a n00b
dang, oh well. Im running it from the card right now but I think I need to reinstall to the device.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
I'm jus the opposit, I keep everything installed on my Treo. all I keep on my 4GB is some cabs, docs, movies, tomtom maps, roms, and stuff like that, stuff I wouldnt want to lose if the phone broke. I dont see why anyone installs programs on the SD card? There is plenty of room on the Treo 700WX.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX