PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

motocrossyz85 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Booting programs from a memory card

hey so i got my 700 wx about 3 weeks ago and already i am having to deal with some serious space problems.

i wanted to know if anyone knows how to boot programs from my 1gb memory card instead of the device. so in other words install the programs and run them on the memory card..

on a side note am i the only one that is really dissapointed in the fact that the 700wx is not on the sprint network..? i mean i get a corperate discount which includes free data and also a awsome 50 bucks worth of downloads free but i cant even use it now!

I dont know does anyone know how to do 1 touch bluetooth voice command on the 700 wx????

well thanks for your time.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
You already filled up the memory on a 700wx? What did you install?

If you want to install apps to the memory card then you need to click on Storage Card when installing the app. If it's available for that app, it will ask you if you want to install it on the device or the storage card.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

motocrossyz85 is just getting started
ya i did... i installed opera, rosco installer, google maps, and thats about all... o and the new picture mms program... i dont know why it went so fast...

i am starting to not like my new treo as much as i had thought i would... i mean i love it but i thought it would do more of the basic things a lot easyier then what it is.. i mean i dont belive it doesint have 1 touch dialing from the bluetooth or even have the sprint powervision services! that is bull! and now im thinking about going with the p instead of the wx...
Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Sounds like your PIE temp folders are very, very full. Run something like SK Tools or MemMaid and have the program clean out your temp folders, etc. for PIE.

Late,
Coz

EDIT: keep in mind that these phones are really designed for the business world. These phones are more a tool than a toy.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85
now im thinking about going with the p instead of the wx...
I came from the P and I'm not going back. it just take time to get use to it and read the 1 million different posts on how to pimp your WX. =)
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85
ya i did... i installed opera, rosco installer, google maps, and thats about all... o and the new picture mms program... i dont know why it went so fast...

i am starting to not like my new treo as much as i had thought i would... i mean i love it but i thought it would do more of the basic things a lot easyier then what it is.. i mean i dont belive it doesint have 1 touch dialing from the bluetooth or even have the sprint powervision services! that is bull! and now im thinking about going with the p instead of the wx...
Those should not fill up your Treo. I use those plus allot more and I have about 10Mb left.

The device does have Sprint Powervision service. It depends on the area you belong to.

Using a Bluetooth headset, you can answer, hangup, and perform a last number redial from it.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
yeah I tried a P for about 20 days and went with the wx. I've been a Palm OS user for about 10 years and was a little nervous but it is definately great for me. As far as the Sprint stuff goes I'm with ya, lack of Sprint TV and music store is pretty bunk. I wish Sprint would have figured out a way to make that stuff happen considering even the lowest data plan includes some TV. With voice command you do have 1 touch dialing from your bluetooth.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

wyld is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie.eddie
The device does have Sprint Powervision service. It depends on the area you belong to.
i think he's referring to powervision services (such as sprint tv and the sprint homepage) not evdo connection coverage/speed. unlike the p, the wx does not have access to those powervision extras.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Juslisten is a n00b
I hope this is the right thread to ask this question. I restored a previously saved file and that went fine. However how can I upload the programs that were stored on my sd card to my device. For example (cuz I am probably saying this wrong) I downloaded kevtris/tetris windows live but they won't show up under my programs. How can I get them there? Do I need to redownload these programs?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
You should be able to move Opera cache to SD card as well to save the trouble (of course I would move the program to card as well but that needs to be done during installation time to select the card as Pibe38 said).

Follow these steps below and you can move the Opera cache folder from the main memory to flash card:

1) This is the most important step!!! On your PC or using a text editor in your PDA, edit the file \Application data\Opera\opera.ini and replace every occurrence of the path \Application data\Opera\*something* with \Storage Card\Opera\*something* (supposing \Storage Card\ is your SD card's root path).

2) Copy the whole Opera directory from \Application data\ to \Storage Card\. Now you should have two identical folders: \Application data\Opera in main memory and \Storage Card\Opera on the SD card.

3) The most logical step now would be removing the former directory (the one in main memory) but DON'T do this. Opera executable, in fact, still looks for the opera.ini files located in \Application data\Opera.

4) In \Application data\Opera remove every file and sub folder BUT KEEP these three files: english.lng, opera.ini and opera6.adr. These three files don't require much space while the cache folder is now on \Storage Card\Opera

Jeff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX