PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Lurker

Adelski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with Mail2Web and ActiveSync

Hey guys, I just joined this wonderful forum and have found a wealth of information in the past couple of weeks since I've purchased my Treo; although, I seem to have a problem. I recently signed up with Mail2Web's push email service and it works very well, I get my gmail pushed to my Treo and I can reply with that address; however, the problem arises when I sync with the PC. I'm trying to use SpriteBackup but in order for me to use that I have to first sync the Treo with my PC. The only problem is whenever I do try to sync it Microsoft ActiveSync cannot seem to synchronize with the Mail2Web's service and gives me an error. For some reason when this does happen I'm not allowed to use SpriteBackup.

Anybody got any ideas as to what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:39 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
What kind of error do you get? That's weird because it should use the same options to sync as Pocket Activesync.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
When you were syncing before mail 2web were you syncing your email with the PC? If so you are now trying to sync email with 2 different sources, and you are getting a sharing problem not allowing you to sync. You will need to remove your partnership from activsync on the PC and than connect the Treo to the PC, when prompted to chose what to sync don't chose email everything else is ok. The PC and mail2web will syncronise contacts appointments tasks, just not mail from 2 different sources. Hope this helps you
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Adelski is a n00b
I technically don't sync anything to my PC; I only connect the Treo so that I can use SpriteBackup and naturally ActiveSync on my PC pops up. I unchecked everything in the PC section of ActiveSync because I didn't really care if my Treo synced with my PC. But the problem is every time I connect the Treo this error pops up and it changes my password for the Exchange Server and elongates it. Here's a screen shot of the error:
Old 01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Do you have a firewall that may be blocking Activesync? BTW, you don't need to sync to use Sprite. I use my laptop for SpriteBackup but my AS partnership is on my desktop.

Everytime I connect my WX to my laptop I just hit cancel so no partnership is created and it uses a Guest partnership and then use Sprite that way.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Adelski is a n00b
Alright, as with most Microsoft products it just depends on the order you do certain things. I deleted all ActiveSync information off my Treo and uninstalled it on my laptop, I then re-installed ActiveSync and then configured the Exchange Server. Doing so allows me to cancel connections with ActiveSync on my PC so now all is well.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Glad you got it figured out.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Lurker

mjrkjm is a n00b
what kind of desktop software are you using, is it vista?
it looks to be a cross between xp and osX
but then again if its vista theres no such thing as activesync....
Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Adelski is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrkjm
what kind of desktop software are you using, is it vista?
it looks to be a cross between xp and osX
but then again if its vista theres no such thing as activesync....
Windows XP with a different theme applied, new icons, and what you see on top there is RocketDock. If you're interested in changing the look of XP head over to WinMatrix.com, they've got plenty of info over there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX