PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

lava96 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lava96
Unhappy 1.15 is messing everything up!

I see absolutely no benefit to 1.15 and since I have installed it I cannot send pix messages anymore. I have also just attempted to use my Treo as a modem and that does not work either. I followed every step to the T but it still will not go and from reading this forum it seems to be a common problem.

My question is this: Can I go back to 1.13 or 1.14?
How?

Also, if I just do a hard reset will that take me back to 1.13? That was the original version when I purchased the phone. If I do a hard reset will my contacts come back after an active sync?

The active sync process scares me. The contacts on my PC and my Treo are synced but if I make any changes (remove someone) it will take them off of my PC as well. So if I do a hard reset and try to sync will it replace all of my missing contacts on my phone or will it just remove all of them from my PC?

HELP.....PLEASE
Old 02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Just so you know, the picturemail issue is with picturemail...not with 1.15. EVeryone is having that issue.

Also, you cannot downgrade to 1.13....If you hard reset, you will just goto 1.15 again.

And as far as getting your contacts back, yes, they will come back when you sync it wiht your computer!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm
Carrier: pre

twobaul is a n00b
Hey lava I too am having problems using my 700wx as a modem since the 1.15 update. however only when i'm tethering via usb cable. I am still able to tether via bluetooth w/o any probs. btw only until now, that I'm unable to use the picture mail is when I miss it, hope there's a solution soon
Old 02-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lava96 is a n00b
Well that is good to hear. Not to be a complete pain, but is anyone wokring on a fix for the picture mail?

My laptop doesn't have BT so I am stuck with tethering. Is everyone having this problem? Is it something that Sprint has to fix?

Just an additional clarification: I know now not to worry about a hard reset since it will not take me back to 1.13 but I just wanted to ask a little more about the syncing. I get really nervous about losing my contacts. If I erase a contact from my phone when I sync it also erases it from my pc. If I make a change it reflects in the opposite device that I didn't make the change on. So how will it know to put ALL of my contacts back on my phone if they all wind up lost. Is everyone sure it will not just erase all of the contacts on my PC so they are matched?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I lost the usb tether when I upgraded too but I just went out and bought a bluetooth adapter and I can tether via bluetooth just fine. You can pick one up for less than $20.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor
I've had zero problems since the 1.15 update. However I don't use PAM. BT seems to work better, got the Sprint Store, BT Car Kit and it seems to run smoother to me.

Picturemail doesn't work for anyone. The hack is broken and a known fix is not around the corner.

Oh, and you can't hard reset the ROM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX

Blade_69 is a n00b
lava96 - My phone completely shut off on me one day. I took it to Sprint. They told me I had to do a hard reset. Did that and went home and did ActiveSync. My contacts and notes we put back on my phone. No worries.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lava96 is a n00b
I don't get how the guy sitting next to me with his Treo 700w on Verizon can send a pic or video but we can't.

Any ideas how I can get the hell out of my contract so I can go to Verizon?

Oh and anyone want to buy 2 Sprint Treo's less than 1 year old each?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor
You sorta can send pics but only to other Sprint users.

Just use the phone number way. 10 digit phone number@pm.sprint.com

Last edited by VibrantRedGT; 02-05-2008 at 09:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX