PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Red face How do you like your Sprint 700wx? (Worth recommending?)

I ask because I'm looking to get one for my mother & I was wondering how well it faired for those who're using it now?

Do you regret buying it, are there serious bugs after the latest update or constant annoyances?
Is in call volume ok, Bluetooth headset?
Any hardware bugs to look out for?
What accessories have you recently bought or recommend (i.e battery, slip case etc.)?

You don't have to pick every question but I want to at least get an idea of what I'm buying from "real users" & not a weeks worth review, everything else, I'll take from the stickies here...

Any feedback is welcome.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint, but using VZW PRL so I actually get signal

my95z34 is a n00b
Well I just got mine on new years eve, right before I left for Fort Lee, which is where I'm at now.

But for the most part I love it. A2DP out of the box, and bluetooth audio sounds great on both sides.

One problem I have is that it doesn't like to multi-task. Listening to MP3s over BT and browsing the web makes the web really slow, and sometimes makes the music skip.

I give it a 4/5 overall.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

phillysdon04 is a n00b
I love my Treo 700wx. The 1st PPC i had was the PPC6700 and the major problem i had was the freezing. I then got the Treo 700p and i loved it but i missed the WM OS. I then got the Treo 700wx and installed:
SPB Mobile Shell
SPB Pocket Plus
SKtools
Flexmail 4
Opera 4
WM 6 Threaded SMS
IM+
Keylight
Live Search
TCPMP with youtube & other plugins
Total Commander
Streaming Media
MultiIE
SPB Phone Suite

I love it & its stable. I wanted the touch but i will try to wait for the next WM treo.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
My wife and I have both had our 700wx's for over a year now. We both totally love them.

I love the form of the phone (I like having the hard keyboard right up front). Sure the screen is a bit small...but that's never an issue.

We both use Plantronics 510's BT headsets and the connection and sound quality are very good.

I use mine heavily for work and it has never failed me.
Call volume is excellent.
Never noticed any hardware bugs.

We've never regret the purchases. I upgraded mine to 1.15 but wife hasn't done that yet. Honestly I've notice no differnece between them.

Battery life is good (if you keep the keyboard lights off and don't run the screen at super nova setting).

As I'm sure you know there are a ton of 3rd party apps available for WM5.

Without going into massive details we have no regrets on our phones.

late,
Coz

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

sharpdude is a n00b
I agree with Coz. I got mine because my 6700 died on me after a month. I was pissed at first, but it grew on me. I wouldn't trade my Treo for another phone (except if they upgrade this to WM6). Other than that, I have installed numerous programs (a lot of them from PPCGeeks) and I don't have any problems with it. Thee best choice for a WinMo beginner. Oh, and I dare anyone with an eyephone or bberri to pull there phone out. My Treo will blow any phone out of the water. Your mother will thank you.
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx

cesar2010 is a n00b
superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpdude View Post
Oh, and I dare anyone with an eyephone or bberri to pull there phone out. My Treo will blow any phone out of the water. Your mother will thank you.
SO TRUE.....even though i had applied sum applications da aoriginated from the "eyephone" my treo does it so much better... and its just better at anything...

well i got mine about 5 months ago, i guess sumwhat of a geek, and i been playing with it for a long time spent numerous hrs on it, adding stuff to it, it looks amazing and its like the most useful thing i ever had, so if ur mon is into useful little things she will love it 2.
the only con i have so far would be the the square screen size but u get used to it, even watching videos is good and as a music player it rules.....no need for ipod or itouch.....its my allinone device....
9.1/10
Old 01-18-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor
I've had a ppc-6700 (total crap), two Treo's and two Moguls over the past year. The Treo is soooo much more stable than the Mogul will ever be. WM6 takes up most of the memory and just slows the unit down. Hooked up my Treo again and love it. Out of all the smart phones I've owned the Treo hands down is the best. Yeah the screen could be larger as well as the keyboard but once your use to all that it's no biggie. Def. a 9/10 for me.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
I would def recommend the 700wx. Before I had the HTC Touch, I had had the 700WX & WX for 22 months. The 1st I had with VZW & the 2nd with Sprint. I would have to say its THE MOST STABLE windows mobile device available especially if no additional apps are installed (not sure if your mom will require any additional apps added to it) . It has more then enough RAM to take on multi-tasking & having the keyboard available ALL the time is a plus. I had almost 50 apps added to it & it was VERY stable. Battery life is also incredible as well as reception.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX