PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problems with text/email....

1 out of 10/15 times i get a new text or email my phone will lock up, i keep it on vibrate at work and it will just vibrate and not let me check the message, it wont even let me turn off the keylock, i have to reset my phone to do anything...

i am using phonealarm....
Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Are you using ActiveSync when this problem happens?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

orangesuburban is a n00b
im not using active sync, but it does normal show the active sync page durring the problem.

by not using active sync i mean i am not hooked to my pc, but it may be downloading a new email from the web?

do i need to disable active sync? explain how!??!?!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
N00b

jcarbary is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jcarbary
I have the same problem ... just downloaded PA yesterday and today my treo locked up when I got a text message. I couldn't unlock the keypad and couldn't select anything. Had to do a reset.

I wasn't getting e-mail or connected to activesync at the time.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
I dont use PA myself, so my first suggestion would be to uninstall PA and use it for a day or two to see if it does the same thing. If yes, do a hard reset and try again. If no, reinstall the latest version of PA and if you encounter the same problem uninstall it and let the developer know.

I'm not sure if you're new to WM phones or not but a lot of the time, programs like to interfere with one another, it could be something other than phone alarm. It's all right to load all kinds of stuff on your phone to try out, but you should use the phone as it was out of the box for a few days to make sure it works and then slowly add the programs you want to use to make sure it all works in harmony.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

orangesuburban is a n00b
yeah i had a 6700 for a few months. so i got the load up out of my system, i only put the necessity's on this one. and only running 3 today plugins. i will prolly try life without PA for a few days and see how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX