PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Lurker

FusterCluck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 700w/wx Emulation?

Not game emulation..

Call me lazy, but I frequently come across apps or games for WM5 devices only to find out that they don't work properly with the Treo or is out of bound with the Treo 240x240 screen.

Is there a program that will emulate the .cab files on a computer to show how it will behave and show up on the 240x240 screen?

This may be wishful thinking, but who knows..
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
microsoft has an emulator for all ppcs including the 240x240. Not sure if it can be downloaded alone but I think so. I will try and dig it up later. I have it but mine came with msvs.
~mike

Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started
Here's what I could dig up. It actually takes a ton of stuff to get this going, took me about and hour and a half to figure it out.

I had to get various files from Microsoft, palm, etc, etc

Page with all the pre-reqs:
http://www.amset.info/pocketpc/emulator.asp

Info on getting the treo emulator:
http://www.sembee.co.uk/archive/2006...0_AKU-2.0.aspx

His info on the sembee page is about getting the Treo 700w emulator. I was able to d/l the 700wx and it took some tweaking to get it to work.

I have it working now, but it sure is a system hog. But just because I have it working does not mean I know how to use it. Maybe others here can lend a hand.

Is there an easier way??
Old 12-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
nope you got it right, same emulator I have, but like I said mine came with MSVS and yes its a resource hog! but works on my piece 700mhz processor 256mb RAM.....
~Mike
Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started
It says that you also need to have an activesync connection to get it to install files. I don't have that yet. Picking up my 700wx for Alltel on Thursday and will maybe try to figure some more of this stuff out later....
Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FusterCluck is a n00b
Thanks for the replies and links guys. I installed most of the applications but it kept asking for more which was when I lost patience. I guess this is a bit too much than I'm willing to put up with for now.

Maybe it did work out some others though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX