PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4gb sd card

has anyone tried Sandisk's new 4 gb card? or better yet, any 4 gb card. just wonderin if i should get it or a 2gb card
Old 12-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

heres Sandisk's website for the 4 gb: http://sandisk.com/Products/Item(198..._Card_4GB.aspx
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVo

webguy714 is a n00b
I got my 4GB from Amazon for $109 including shipping
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I'm still using my 2GB miniSD w/ the adapter.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy714
I got my 4GB from Amazon for $109 including shipping
so it will work? cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
I'm still using my 2GB miniSD w/ the adapter.
thats what im doin now, but would rather just buy a higher gb card
Old 12-03-2006, 01:21 AM
c0w
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

c0w is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to c0w
is there any effects on the performance of the phone since its such a big card?
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

I guess I will test and find out. hopefully soon and let yall kno
Old 12-03-2006, 03:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I know a few people are using 4GB cards with no problems, but I just don't remember the brands.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro / 850e

ManLee is a n00b
Re: 4gb sd card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonin66
has anyone tried Sandisk's new 4 gb card? or better yet, any 4 gb card. just wonderin if i should get it or a 2gb card
According to SanDisk's website, 4GB cards whether SD or miniSD format are SDHC (SD High Capacity) cards that are based on a SDA 2.0 specification. 700w's and 700wx's are not SDA 2.0 compliant and therefore will either not recognize SDHC cards, or if recognized will result in file system incompatibility and/or data loss/corruption.

By the time SDHC cards fully hit the market and prices have dropped due to participating manufacturers other than SanDisk, I'm sure (or at least hope) Palm (or another Windows Mobile device) will have been released with more capabilities and upgrading our PocketPCs will be more important than finding and testing a compatible SD card. That said, I'd just hold off on a 4GB card unless you really need the extra storage.

Additionally according to the attached file obtained directly from the SanDisk website, SDHC cards will have storage capacities up to 32GB. More information can be obtained by visiting www.sandisk.com, as well as reviewing the attached .pdf published by SanDisk.

By the way, if you obtain a card from Amazon, be sure to read reviews of buyers. I just got my 2GB miniSD from amazon and read many sellers on amazon distribute fake SD and miniSD cards mass-produced in Asian markets that often fail after 2 months, making buyers wish they spent a little more for the genuine OEM product.

Another good website for purchasing SD/miniSD cards is pricegrabber.com. Just type "SD XGB" or "SanDisk XGB" ("X" being 1, 2, or 4) for a list of results.

Be sure to purchase cards that arrive in "Retail Packaging" or "Retail Package" for more assurance the item is genuine or OEM. Avoid "Bulk Packaging" if possible unless seller is reputable and offers a good return policy and warranty.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sker is a n00b
i have been using a 4 gig sd card in my wx for about 3 months now with no problems at all.....its a patriot ep+ that i got from frys for i think it was $79.99 which was a killer deal....

ive been documentations, movies, music, the simpsons....u name it!.....NO PROBLEM!!!!!.....phone even recognizes the cards memory capacity...

you should check it out...they also have one gigs for like 10 to 20 bucks and 2 gigs for like 30 to 40...

i also have a question for anyone with the answer.....Does anyone know typically how long these cards last?....does constantly deleting and adding files on the sd card affect this?....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX