PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Lurker

The Godfather is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 700wx ESN Change

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the ESN of a Treo 700WX
Old 11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
The esn can not be changed.Consider it a vin# number on a car and like a car vin# its illegal to change.
Sprint owns your ESN#
Old 11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
But of course you can call Sprint and have them swap your ESN. I did it so that I could still use my old cell phone number with my new 700wx.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
But of course you can call Sprint and have them swap your ESN. I did it so that I could still use my old cell phone number with my new 700wx.
yes sprint owns the esn#.This topic is very upsetting to me Sprint/Verizon control.It would be fair if they would rent there phones for 5 bucs a month.I will leave it at that.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

The Godfather is a n00b
its possible to change your ESN on the Samsung A900 and some other phones, thats why i thought you might be able to do it on a 700W.

I do know under some circumstances this could be considered illegal tampering of a CDMA device, although i purchased a used 700WX on ebay and spriint will restart my wait period for the 150 dollar rebate if i swap the esn.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Not that it is practical, but it can be done...

Had a friend who worked at Radio Shack and they soldered out a chip from one phone to another and got Verizon to activate it (after a bunch of rejected calls and pleading with a CS rep, since the number was not in their system).

So technically, yes, but practically this is extremely difficult and not likely.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sker is a n00b
it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to change ur esn....u may be able to change the sticker on the back or even the one on the mother board but the phone will NEVER except the new esn u give it.....the esn is needed in the programming of ur phone since there is no sim card....each esn has its master subsidary lock code which is a crucial element to the programming of ur phone along with ur number and msid....just forget about it and lose the $150 for another two years..u already got ur phone!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Lurker

schlesinger99 is a n00b
Cloning a phone

I thought cloning a phone was the same as switching the esn so can't you clone the treo.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I'm sure it's possible with the correct software. I have changed the ESN on my a900.

When it's time for your upgrade, call sprint and tell them you replaced it because the old phone was having problems, I did that a few times and they gave me the $150
Old 12-07-2006, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
The only practical way I could think of to change your ESN on you 700wx would be to buy a broken one dirt cheap and swap out the cellular daughterboard on the inside.

This of course is not your situation but if someone had bought one that was locked out of Sprints system, as long as the replacement boards ESN number was not it should work fine.

I'm certain that there is a way to do what you want - If you're looking on forums though you won't find it. You need to look in much darker places than that and since it's technically illegal to do the type of modification that you're talking about, I think that's about as far as the conversation should go around these parts.

Bite the bullet and risk losing the $150 rebate. A good argument with a CS representative will get it back for you easy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX