PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TREO 700WX

JohnShaft31 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Cannot send email, only receive.....HELP

Hello. Been a Treo 700wx user for 6 to 8 months. What's weird is I cannot send any emails using my 700wx with SPRINT. I have no problem getting any messages, only with sending email. Text, SMS, picturemail all OK.

I try to send a message, here's what happens:
Pop-Up window takes up 90% of screen and a message reads, "Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again."

I am using my email domain cbrcommunications.com, which is purchased through yahoo domains. What settings are not correct? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

javier is a n00b
most likely you have to use the outgoing mail server for sprint or you have to have authentication enabled on the outgoing mail server you are using. The best way that I can describe it is that you either have to use the smtp server for the connection you are on (i.e. sprint) or your mail server has to know who you are before it accepts mail from you. This is how they try to prevent spam.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TREO 700WX
Threadstarter

JohnShaft31 is a n00b
ok I will try and find Sprint's smtp server info...
because I have tried 20 plus times to do my email account over using the smtp outgoing info from yahoo domain cbrcommunications.com but that doesn't help.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm 700wx

asianthunder is a n00b
I have a palm700wx with sprint and was getting the same problem. All you do is check the box for outgoing mail requires authentication and that should work.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
if you are using sprint as your smtp but never use the pop server, your account will get deleted periodically for inactivity.

if "it worked yesterday" kinda thing, then log into your sprint.com and click on the pcs email link. it will be found on the lower right portion or on the online tools page. once you click pcs email and see your inbox, just hit send receive on your device and it should just start working again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX