PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint

mrmet044 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is the camera really that bad on the treo 700wx

pictures all look black and white, no color no sharp images, nothing. tried playing with the settings.....modes, brightness,resolution....nothing works. anyway to improve this or is it just a lousy camera. thanks all
Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
the images are what you would expect from a 1.3mp camera with no flash or extensive image settings . that being said if you need to capture the moment .... it works just fine
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I would have to agree with captblaze, This is a fantastic device, but for real quality photography, I purchased a stand-alone camera. For quick, spontaneous pics, I use my WX. I do find the quality and color (if taken in the right lighting) to be very good on the WX, taking them to a computer view, or printing to standard photo size is a different story.

With that being said, you mentioned yours were black and white...is that dur to lack of lighting, or for all pictures you take? If it is for all, I would take it back to where you purchased it, that is not normal. You can also controll the brightness to an extent by going to Menu, and then brightness (while in camera mode).

I hope this helps a bit!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ID10T is just getting started
mrmet044 I have noticed that the camera does seem to be a bit more washed out compared to my old treo 650 camera...If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that the wx has a different cmos setting or something...I'm not exactly how what or why...Just passing along some info I read a while back.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
If you take the pics off the Treo and put onto a computer with an image editor you can alter contrast and lighting to come up with some pretty good pics. The camera lens does struggle with close-up/micro shots compared to previous Palm cameras.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
If you need a macro/close-up shot with the treo, just hold a small magnifying glass in front of the lens. You just hold it tight against the camera with the lens in the center of the magnifying glass. I used a kid's little fold out one and it even made small print text very readable. It's the low tech hack!

Barb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX