PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
webos 1.3.1's killer feature is speed?

I'm guessing this is supposed to make the pre's speed comparable to webos..http://www.precentral.net/webos-131s...-feature-speed

I'm hoping it also includes all the pixie's features (facebook app,yahoo support)in addition to video recording and/or the ability to forward messages.. I know this is wishful thinking but I would like to have an official soft keyboard,better music controls,the ability to edit pictures, more calling features(call logs(not history) but logs), smart dialing,and the ability to view my missed/incoming/outgoing calls.) What would be sweet is if facebook chat was included with the pre's Im and sms support. Also, what about voice control,is the pre hardware capable of this? I don't think I've heard anyone speak on it. I know this is alot to ask for, I must admit windows has spoiled me. Hopefully we don't have to wait until webos 2.0 for most if not all these things. How about by 1.7 or 1.8?
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741

Last edited by smoove21; 11-03-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Re: webos 1.3.1's killer feature is speed?

Have you checked out the music player remix for your music??
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

+1 Remix is sweet!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff

no..what is this remix you two speak of and where/how do I obatain it?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
Homebrew Apps,

I too have been spoiled by WinMo and scratch my head at times as to why Palm short changed this phone when it clearly has been in the game long enough to have added features that shouldnt have to be requested. I look at my wife in envy at times with her Hero when right out the box its forwarding texts, and full text audio/picture text. To some its not a big deal, but for me it is. Please fix BT also its horrible. I love the Pre and have given it enough time but with some of the phones on the horizon, my days with it might be limited unless Palm steps up and delivers on some basics.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post

You can install it via Preware. Do you have that one your phone? A lot of the things that should be on the pre can be installed on the pre via Preware. Like message forwarding and such.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The linked Precentral article has been updated... the speculation that 1.3.1 incorporates a major speed increase is apparently not correct.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes you're correct. That's unfortunate, however this does beg the question as to what palm has incorporated to qualify their update from 1.2.1 all the way to 1.3. I'm sure a facebook app,yahoo messenger, and maybe some tweaks here and there doesn't qualify does it??
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre