PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jumping ship!

since 1.2 update, my standby time is awesome... i have a seidio extended battery... i used my phone moderately heavy (no music, but yes youtube, calls, emails, texting, browsing) yesterday and at the end of the night as i was plugging in my phone, i had 78% juice... usually, i'd be around 55-60%... props to better battery performance

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

How do you like that extended battery?? I am charging my Pre at least twice a day.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 10-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ex, you're gonna love it. extremely customizable, its a great platform just be patient though as it's still new
as for your sero account unfortunately it won't activate but you could try and get them to switch you to the Everything Plus referral plan i hear is running around, then you won't have to go a consumer plan
Old 10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

you do know the pre doesnt have graphic acceleration drivers either rite? it has such a strong cpu but its completely web based using javascript HTML etc. with no way to communicate with the GPU and all the rendering is drawn using the CPU FYI since you hate te graphic acceleration issue so much. Palm should be working in it

no sero either.

IMO you are best off with the Hero

Im prolly gonna get me another Pre since it miss it dearly since i got rid of it, and more after the 1.2 update that fixed copy paste as well as web downloading

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 10-02-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
Im prolly gonna get me another Pre since it miss it dearly since i got rid of it, and more after the 1.2 update that fixed copy paste as well as web downloading
i'll sell ya mine and its accessories after the 11th
Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
How do you like that extended battery?? I am charging my Pre at least twice a day.
i could charge my pre once ever 1.5 days of HEAVY use! I love this thing... it took about 3 weeks to reach its full potential, but WELL worth the 59 bucks from ebay.. (yes, ebay, but not a knock off... seidio)

Its not too bulky... only awkward for the first week or 2, then you get used to it... it fits better in hand and also has much better support when typing
Old 10-04-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Exil3D,

Your antics and dislike for HTC products is legendary to say the least. To see you talking about jumping ship isn't a surprise. I had the Touch Pro and although I know there have been a number of issues with it, I still liked the customizations and the slide out keyboard. Enter Palm Pre.

I was originally going to get the TP2 but since Sprint refused to lower the price and match Verizons, I decided to get the Pre. This little phone is amazing. I found so many tasks difficult on the TP but the Pre makes many tasks very seamless and transparent right out of the box. Yes, it does have some issues.

If you disliked the battery on the TP you will absolutely hate it on the Pre. That said, it charges rather quickly. There are other minor and some annoying issues but so far nothing like I ever had on the TP. Now honestly, I am still trying to get used to the keyboard. I don't think I will ever like any other keyboard after using a TP.

Applications are abundant and most are very useful with several adding features that Palm has not. They are very easy to install. Customizing I don' think is yet to the same standards as a windows mobile phone. No custom roms and such but themes are pretty plentiful.

All in all, it's a very good phone with a ton of potential. Like any new phone, improvements are needed but Palm seems to be working towards making the webOS the best possible.

Sprint finally is matching Verizons price on the TP2 and I did get that ordered today. It should be here by Monday. But I have spent all day thinking about it and frankly, even though I think you come across as a whiner when it comes to HTC phones, you usually do say what I usually am thinking. I am thinking also that I may end up just sending the TP2 back when it arrives at my door. The Pre really is a great phone.
Hi
I have a palm pre, brand new sitting on the counter, it is my 5th replacement....two, volume quit working, one screen cracked where you touch the phone icon, another, the screen just froze and did nothing, sprint replaced all of then for me, no questions asked, last time they offered me a tp2 which arrived fri, and is now activated. Honestly, i love the pre, hate the hardware (itz chincie) love the tp2 hardware, not to sure about the os...I dont know, which device to keep...thoughts from the group??
Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am still on my first Pre that I got on release day back in June. I am not reckless with it, but I don't baby it either (essentially, it has a screen protector, I try to put it in the pouch when I am carrying it in something other than my hand, etc). I definitely use it as though it is a tool to be used and not a piece of glass to look at it.

Anyway... I have not had a single issue with the hardware, has always been solid feeling and great for me.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfve View Post
Hi
I have a palm pre, brand new sitting on the counter, it is my 5th replacement....two, volume quit working, one screen cracked where you touch the phone icon, another, the screen just froze and did nothing, sprint replaced all of then for me, no questions asked, last time they offered me a tp2 which arrived fri, and is now activated. Honestly, i love the pre, hate the hardware (itz chincie) love the tp2 hardware, not to sure about the os...I dont know, which device to keep...thoughts from the group??
Well since you quoted me I assume you read what I had to say. My thoughts so far without yet testing the TP2 is simply that everything with the Pre is a lot more integrated together. It "just works". With Windows mobile, it seemed like everything was tossed together and when you installed something, it didn't feel like it was part of the OS but more like a hack.

I have to agree that I like the Pre for the OS and the TP and TP2 for the hardware. But for an over all pleasurable experience, I have to go with the smoother/more integrated OS and the Pre has that. The real draw back is that the Pre is new so it lacks some things that Windows Mobile and even the PalmOS has/had but given time, WebOS will be just as feature rich.

I get the TP2 tomorrow and I plan to put it through it's paces over the next 30 days or less to really decide which one is better for me. It really does come down to a personal choice.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My TP has been shelved since I got the Pre. Hardware is rock solid and best of all...no more soft resets just to get things running right. Battery life is meh but honestly, I get to use the phone in it's glory till it dies. No more wasting 30% of batt life a day soft reseting or figuring out why the heck you just received a "shell32.exe" error or why your taskbar icons are going haywire and your messaging app just took a fart and your not receiving texts. Those days are over till MS puts out something solid. The TP is a good work device but the Pre is a great phone/internet device/mutitasking behemoth.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre