PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Video Icons

ok.. I have searched on this and either I missed it or there is nothing out there and I have got no respose over at precentral.net

I am looking for a way to have custom video icons in the video launcher.

For example, I have a collection of movie posters or splash screens for the movies I have. Since the pre has the ability to show an "icon" for a movie I was wondering if there was a way to add my own custom icons. I would like to do this without going into root of the device and modify files. I assume there has to be a way to do this?

Attached is an example of what I am wanting to do. In the pic, the demo video is still in the list and has it's own icon. (hilighted in red) But all the others use a default picture/icon.

If anyone knows how to do what is in the example, please pass the info.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg launcher_default.jpg (45.2 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg video_launch_example.jpg (22.6 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Custom Video Icons

How are you getting your vids to your Pre? If you use iTunes and there is a "icon" of the movie in iTunes then it should carry over to your Pre.

late,
Coz
Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I hate to say it.... well not really... but I am pretty much anti-apple so I dont use iTunes. I copy the files over via USB mode for movies that I have already formatted.

I have not tried using media-sync option yet. However, I don't think you have that much control on what gets put on the Pre from your computer. But That might be an option to look at.

Last edited by CountryDevil; 09-23-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

You do in fact have a great deal of control. Apple recently upgraded iTunes and it currently doesn't work with the Pre...so try to find the version before the most recent. I synced with iTunes and the Trailer Park Boys episodes I had sitting around on my HD copied over with screenshots of the episodes for the icons.

Copying movies via USB/drag-and-drop does not give you the icons.

late,
Coz
Old 09-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Is there a way to manually add the icons or other sync software that can be used instead of iTunes?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Is there a way to manually add the icons or other sync software that can be used instead of iTunes?
I don't know if you can directly sync with any other software. However, you might take a look at MediaMonkey. You may be able to generate some sort of preview in that for movies.

I'll take a deeper look at things tonight when I get home.

late,
Coz
Old 09-24-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

anthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good work

What format are you converting your movies to???
Old 09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Coz-erator

They should be in mp4 format.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes they are mp4 format.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Coz-erator

I'm thinkin' you may have to break down and go with iTunes if you want to easily get those icons.

late,
Coz
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre