PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
THE LIST to submit to palm

Hey guys I have a management contact at Sprint corporate that is glad to hand of our suggestions to some upper management types at Palm. This thread is for compiling the list to periodically send to Palm through Sprint. Attached to the thread is the current list as of 8/19

so let me know what your ideas are and i'll pass them along

Last edited by jbearamus; 08-20-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Conversation w/ Palm, give me your complaints

Please talk to him about trying to push a file explorer app and enable the ability to download files from the browser in the pre, not having one is a huge drawback in a business device cuz you will need to store multiple files since you have the ability to use the device as a mass storage device wether supported by another app or not, so you will need to download from the web pics, mp3, documents, pdf's, etc as well as saving it from email attachments so having that limitation will hurt a lot of users

So my plea...

1. File manager / explorer
2. Web and email downloading / saving (or an option to open, stream, or download)

Thanx
Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

I'll approach this with a slightly different angle. I didn't buy a Pre because i was concerned about build quality.

The forums over a pre central are crawling with complaints about build quality ("oreo effect", issues with the slider etc). As far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am wrong) the build quality issues haven't been addressed.

I noticed the issues while at the Sprint store. Yes, I'm well aware I was using a demo unit, but nonetheless it caused me concern.

Other than that my only other concern was the software. I'd like a dedicated desktop PIM application and to see an app store explosion. If I recall, some programs (like the calendar) didn't rotate with the accelerometer. The screen was definitely awesome. I found it very responsive to gestures (swiping, pinching etc.)

Fixing the build quality issues would have me overlook all of the above however.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
I'll approach this with a slightly different angle. I didn't buy a Pre because i was concerned about build quality.

The forums over a pre central are crawling with complaints about build quality ("oreo effect", issues with the slider etc). As far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am wrong) the build quality issues haven't been addressed.

I noticed the issues while at the Sprint store. Yes, I'm well aware I was using a demo unit, but nonetheless it caused me concern.
i've heard the same things and seen some almost horrifying pics about the slider but my phone is second production run (i'm pretty sure) and the slider feels pretty tight but i'll mention it just to be sure
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Poor signal quality.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch/ HTC Touch Pro/Palm Pre

zedron is just getting started

*1. Download from web to pre
2. Record Video (I dont use it but the one day I would want to it would be nice to have)
*3. Customized text alerts
4. On screen KB

5. MicroSD slot in a future gen release (I know it wont be anytime soon, but idea is there)
6. Better physical KB

Thats it for now.

Last edited by zedron; 08-10-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added something that mlin listed
Old 08-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

1. File Explorer
2. Video Recording
3. On-Screen Keyboard
4. Micro SD Slot
5. Some sort of today-plugin like features. I feel like the home screen lacks functionality.
6. Ability to download and save.
7. Better hardware keyboard

Thats it for now.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

1+ for the poster above

1.file explorer
2.Flash for browser
3.Downloadable content
4.Zip file access
5.Video Recording
6. On screen keyboard

can't change the micro sd situation and a better keyboard is out so I think these things should do.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work

1. Universal search not being able to search email, memos, tasks, etc.
2. Not being able to send info, such as contact info, via bluetooth.
3. All day events not showing up in month view on the calendar.
4. Reminder times being more customizable. (ex. wanting to set a reminder 3 hours before a calendar event starts)
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Poor signal quality.
yeah this has been mentioned a couple of times over on precentral and we're theorizing a rebuilt radio maybe? what i know is that in terms of signal reception my pre doesn't even come close to the TP and i don't think the TP was that great on reception either
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre