PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So after 6 + tp's

Sprint send me a Palm PRE for free, I told them I didn't want another PRO... all I did was switch plans and re-new my contract.

Good luck to you.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I'm not all that sure a Pre is any better quality hardware wise than a TP (& how anybody can break 12 phones is beyond me)

I have had one of my three TP's since early Nov & it still works fine.

My boss on the other hand is now on his 4th Pre, all returned because of the horrible chintzy hardware of the Pre..........

~John
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I'm not all that sure a Pre is any better quality hardware wise than a TP (& how anybody can break 12 phones is beyond me)

My boss on the other hand is now on his 4th Pre, all returned because of the horrible chintzy hardware of the Pre..........

~John
right. if someone goes thru 10-15 touch pros, i could care less what their excuse is, smart devices are NOT for them. 10 phones is absurd, and im convinced that the ones who have had this many will NEVER be happy. NEVER

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bow_hunt2005 is a n00b

just got off the phone with cs and they were actually very helpful. i told them that my 3rd tp had been ordered and i informed them that i had read many forums telling about the tp keyboard hardware issues. the rep told me to use the new tp till it stops working and he put an "advanced upgrade" status on my account. we will see what happens but i was told that i could upgrade to an equal valued phone with the same features. palm pre is the only one with all the features plus sliding qwerty. i kinda hope the 3rd one breaks!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
I dunno...

I am on my third Touch Pro and i am very gentle with my phones. I had a single Apache for 2 years no problem but some scratches. My Mogul died early due to a usb issue. but now I am on my third TP in only 2 months...and that is after waiting two weeks to turn it in because i didnt want to be bothered with relocking the broken one.

If the math plays out, i can see 12 pros going wrong...

nb
Old 07-24-2009, 07:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

What are the latest build dates on these pros that are still going back?

I have a 7/3/09 build and it feels more solid than any of my other ones. (This is #3)

Got the hubby a Pre today... Well, ordered it today anyway.

Gonna see what I think about it in case this one dies too.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre