PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Viral is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4 and counting...

I am now on my 4th Pre, first one had oreo effect, second one had bad pixels, third one had Oreo effect, 4th Oreo, When I went to exchange number four the last 3 phones they had in stock all had the Oreo effect. Gonna try again on thursday.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: 4 and counting...

im so sick of hearing about this "oreo" issue. this phone is not intended to be slid sideways! if u wanna twist some oreos then go buy a box!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

get rid of the phone if its that bad
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

The Oreo thing is no big deal. Things that move, have play, or will over time anyway.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:34 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
im so sick of hearing about this "oreo" issue. this phone is not intended to be slid sideways! if u wanna twist some oreos then go buy a box!
I'm gonna go buy a box now for my 4th barbeque. Mmmmmm

Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Viral is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
This makes no sense to me, if the phone is not meant to slide sideways then why does it? I am left handed and when I use one hand to open the phone it slides to the right some and sticks. So, yes it is a big deal to me. Why would I get rid of the phone if I like it, I just won't settle for a defective phone. As far as things that move will have play over time, I have a car to sell you, don't worry about all the play in the stearing or all the rattles you hear because all things that move will have some play over time.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
This makes no sense to me, if the phone is not meant to slide sideways then why does it? I am left handed and when I use one hand to open the phone it slides to the right some and sticks. So, yes it is a big deal to me. Why would I get rid of the phone if I like it, I just won't settle for a defective phone. As far as things that move will have play over time, I have a car to sell you, don't worry about all the play in the stearing or all the rattles you hear because all things that move will have some play over time.
its up to you to get a front end alignment, if you take your Lexus mudding or rock climbing obviously its going to "wear and tear" sooner than taking it on asphalt street. i use my left hand to slide the phone open and i get no play at all. ive had mine two weeks before they were publicly released and ive dropped mine a couple of times on pavement, and i still dont have any "oreo" effect.

Ok, im hungry now, i gotta go find a glass of cold milk....

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 07-06-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
It makes perfect sense. If palm wanted to pre to slide or twist I'm probably sure they would have designed it to do so. They never stated that every palm pre user should twist their pre like an oreo when its only supposed to slide up and down. Your car analogy doesn't work here either. A car and a cell phone are totally different. And if the op had 4(in less than a month) I definitely think its the user and not the phone. Hell I was the store afvocate so I had my phone 3 weeks before launch and have absolutely no problems with it...but I'm also not trying to twist it in half. On top of that have not had one return because of this so called oreo effect. If you want a phone that slides different ways maybe a samsung exclaim will suit you and not a palm pre
Old 07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Viral is a n00b

So you assume that because you have had no problems that everyone else should have no problems? If I do buy a new car and a week later it pulls to the right, does that mean I should keep it and hope for the best? My phone shifts to the right almost 1/8", is that proper design? The one I did get that was solid and did not slide had about 4-5 dead pixels, is that also my fault because I wanted a phone with a fully visable screen? "If you wanted to see the whole screen you should have bought an Instinct" FYI, I know what direction the phone is meant to open in, umm up. I do not try to slide it, I push it up, but the phone "slides" to the right and sticks some before it opens. But I guess because you all assume I am sitting here with a glass of milk waiting to twist my phone in half and eat it, it must be my fault.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Pre/ Tour

ajquadros is a n00b

Honestly, if you are so particular over this oreo effect, give up on the pre. You think Palm, or Sprint for that matter, can afford to give you 4 550$ phones... If you were in my store I would have denied it after the second exchange. The phone will have some give, no matter what. If its bad now, imagine how it will be after 6 months of use. And I can guarantee you that 6 months from now, they arent going to just throw you another one because you claim its defective. Every pre that I've held has some give, so get used to it. Hell, I don't think I've ever used a slider phone that doesnt have some wiggle in the hinges...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre