PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul --> Touch Pro(Running PhantomRom)
Carrier: Sprint

GREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to GREY.FOXX Send a message via Skype™ to GREY.FOXX
We Need More Pre Topics!!!!

Ok well I don't have the Pre as of yet, but I will have it soon.

I have a few questions:

1) Is the developing kit out, and if so anyone working with it? If its not out anyone plan on developing for it?

2) The Pre has multitouch screen (90% sure), so do you think it can match the IPhone in the games department?

3) Homebrew/Jailbreaking, do you think its possible?

4) If Homebrew/Jailbreak happens, you think more winmo users (most of us) will jump on board?

5) What are some features you wish it had?

6) Is no SD slot a big issue for you?

7) What issues the Pre has, that you know is being fixed?

Do you think there will be a 2G version, if so what new features you think will come?

9) Will this work with 4G (when ever it fully comes)

10) Do you see extensive bashing of the Pre from Apple fanboys?

Thanks for your time, and im really looking forward to jumping on the Pre boat with you guys.

Also I will be helping out as much as I can when I get one, later.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: We Need More Pre Topics!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREY.FOXX View Post
I have a few questions:
Most of your questions are already answered on this forum. Take some time to read through some of the existing topics.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

GREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Most of your questions are already answered on this forum. Take some time to read through some of the existing topics.
Way to shot me down pal lol jk

I have been looking and don't see many answers. My questions is asking people opinions on things, so I don't think I will find the answers to them, unless someone responds to them in here.

Maybe the development kit question and some others. I don't know but I have been looking.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREY.FOXX View Post
Ok well I don't have the Pre as of yet, but I will have it soon.

I have a few questions:

1) Is the developing kit out, and if so anyone working with it? If its not out anyone plan on developing for it?

2) The Pre has multitouch screen (90% sure), so do you think it can match the IPhone in the games department?

3) Homebrew/Jailbreaking, do you think its possible?

4) If Homebrew/Jailbreak happens, you think more winmo users (most of us) will jump on board?

5) What are some features you wish it had?

6) Is no SD slot a big issue for you?

7) What issues the Pre has, that you know is being fixed?

Do you think there will be a 2G version, if so what new features you think will come?

9) Will this work with 4G (when ever it fully comes)

10) Do you see extensive bashing of the Pre from Apple fanboys?

Thanks for your time, and im really looking forward to jumping on the Pre boat with you guys.

Also I will be helping out as much as I can when I get one, later.
1- nope, till the end of summer i last heard...

2- its off to a good start with how well the hardware handled DOOM and emulators are currently being worked on, we will have to wait and see

3- the OS has already been cracked so yes

4- maybe... depends on HTC and Microsoft though, WM7 is their last hope IMO

5- not really a feature but more apps would be nice, video rec. is there and soon to be released and tethering has already been hacked. so i would say web downloading and flash is what i want most.

6- not to me (how much do you store on a phone really?) but might not be enough for some so opinion based really...

7- battery is talked about a lot but there are tips to drastically increase it, you just gotta remember to log out of IM and other web activities when not in use or it will constantly be active thust draining battery, not sure about v2 since the Pre has what it takes to have it all when its used to full potential...

8- dont know, i wonder why it was featured in a 4g sprint commercial?? (maybe a hint??) maybe it has the hardware but needs the software update when 4g officialy releases

10- this is what i like the most from the pre, i generally see good reviews and opinions of the pre from crackberry, iphone sites, WM sites, computer sites etc. there will be the occasional fanboy sindrome but most of them are educated enough to admit that the Pre is a hit and is a great product

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 06-19-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
1- nope, till the end of summer i last heard...

2- its off to a good start with how well the hardware handled DOOM and emulators are currently being worked on, we will have to wait and see

3- the OS has already been cracked so yes

4- maybe... depends on HTC and Microsoft though, WM7 is their last hope IMO

5- not really a feature but more apps would be nice, video rec. is there and soon to be released and tethering has already been hacked. so i would say web downloading and flash is what i want most.

6- not to me (how much do you store on a phone really?) but might not be enough for some so opinion based really...

7- battery is talked about a lot but there are tips to drastically increase it, you just gotta remember to log out of IM and other web activities when not in use or it will constantly be active thust draining battery, not sure about v2 since the Pre has what it takes to have it all when its used to full potential...

8- dont know, i wonder why it was featured in a 4g sprint commercial?? (maybe a hint??) maybe it has the hardware but needs the software update when 4g officialy releases

10- this is what i like the most from the pre, i generally see good reviews and opinions of the pre from crackberry, iphone sites, WM sites, computer sites etc. there will be the occasional fanboy sindrome but most of them are educated enough to admit that the Pre is a hit and is a great product
Thanks great answers, helped a lot
Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

@OP, since the Pre is just getting off the ground, it's just a matter of time before more discussion develops.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
that would be sweet, but a wimax chip definitely isn't in this phone or they would have found it when they broke it down.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Oh, I don't think it will be compatible if it doesn't have the chip. Maybe in future models, oh well 4G seems a little wile away.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre