PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Is there ANYWAY to get my Pre on my old plan?

BTW those complaining that AT&T lets you add internet to one line only better look at the NEW iPhone 3GS plans. Doesn't look like that's an option anymore.
http://www.facebook.com/ATT They're at the bottom of the page. None of these plans include text, and all cost more than Sprint's similar plans even though Sprint's include text.

And anyone not believing this is AT&T's official facebook will want to see where I got the facebook link from. http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...rticleid=26864 It's at the bottom of the article.

http://www.att.com/Common/merger/fil...e_Consumer.pdf

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
I've heard of noone doing this on the Instinct see no reason it's going to happen on the Pre. Just face it SERO is dead.
... It's been dead for awhile. I don't remember how long it's been since the SERO was cancelled / stopped.

Still, I don't need navigation (I have a Garmin), or the music stuff and 300 anytime minutes is more than enough for me.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eirikr88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
... It's been dead for awhile. I don't remember how long it's been since the SERO was cancelled / stopped.

Still, I don't need navigation (I have a Garmin), or the music stuff and 300 anytime minutes is more than enough for me.
sad thing is alot of people where in the same situation. I have no need for unlimited minutes, navigation, or music and ****..i have data and messaging unlimited, and thats all i s hould need IMO. Sprint is stickin to their guns on this one. So instead of spending 600 bucks on a pre (no upgrades, got touch pro in Nov) i just bought the 3g s and im giving my line to a friend to finish out. less money spend on my part. we are all gonna make some type of sacrifice one way or another to get the phone we want lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Yeah. A phone isn't enough for me to get rid of my SERO plan. It's the perfect plan for me. 300 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekends + unlimited text messages and data are good enough for me.

I signed up for this $30 SERO plan December of '05 or '06 (whenever SERO was first introduced and still included the unlimited text messaging). No phone is good enough for me to change plans.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 PM
dboykin

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Cool Re: Is there ANYWAY to get my Pre on my old plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr88 View Post
sad thing is alot of people where in the same situation. I have no need for unlimited minutes, navigation, or music and ****..i have data and messaging unlimited, and thats all i s hould need IMO. Sprint is stickin to their guns on this one. So instead of spending 600 bucks on a pre (no upgrades, got touch pro in Nov) i just bought the 3g s and im giving my line to a friend to finish out. less money spend on my part. we are all gonna make some type of sacrifice one way or another to get the phone we want lol.
I know what you mean, I'm on the Fair and Flex 3000 which is 3000 mins for $20 , then i paid another $20 for unlimited data,texts, pics whatever..so $40 then then cheapest plan is what.. $60 with 490 mins? so i'm losing minutes and paying more, so do you see why we would be upset? Even while talking to a rep, i'd have to be on Unlimited because I use my phone for business which means over 2000 mins a month. So that's a $60 price increase. But the bad part is now anyone with an older plan is going to be forced to upgrade, no matter what phone you buy. My mother and bro are on a family plan, he got a new phone and put it on a new unlimited plan passing his old phone to my mother, even though it was on her plan they told her the phone could not support her SERO plan. It took her yelling and showing them that it was supported before til they finally gave in and put it on her plan. It's just Sprints way of forcing everyone to get onto a plan and pay more money. But it's okay, i'm just going to wait for Verizon to get the Iphone, (I run mac anyway) and by then their Iphone will be a better then the pre i predict.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

If you look on the new employee site, there are some real savings for large families, but I mostly think its a trick, since you can't use employee discounts, you lose money. That and on a 69.99 plan you get 1 year upgrades at 2 year prices, saving you extra money.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorge View Post
If you look on the new employee site, there are some real savings for large families, but I mostly think its a trick, since you can't use employee discounts, you lose money. That and on a 69.99 plan you get 1 year upgrades at 2 year prices, saving you extra money.

the EPRP family plans aren't worth it if you can get the Sprint Discount. The math comes out cheaper with a few extra lines with lets say 25% discount.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre