PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

cpm199 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got my Pre!

I'm guessing these are all sold out, now? Does anyone know how many of these a particular store had allocated to them? I heard it was only a handful per store, is that true? Yeah, give them some time and the 3rd party apps will start to flow. As for the looks of the phone, I personally think the Pre is SEXY, but I think I would like the option of a soft keyboard for landscape usage to add more keyboard real estate.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm wondering if mr. boogie is gonna upgrade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
I was thinking that too, bout Coz

7 new Palm apps added this morning.
I'm gonna wait for some more reviews, info, etc....but I know Mrs. Boogie is very interested in getting one.

late,
Mr. Boogie
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
7 new Palm apps added this morning.
Is there a direct connection on your phone for getting new apps? How's that working exactly?

late,
Coz
Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I went to the Sprint store to see what all the hype was about. I played around with the Pre for about 20 minutes and there was nothing about it that impressed me enough to dump my Touch Pro. Cramped keyboard and no on screen keyboard(from what i could tell) along with the small size just are not for me. I heard they are selling fast though. I will wait for he TP2. I like WINMO

Hit the thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Is there a direct connection on your phone for getting new apps? How's that working exactly?

late,
Coz

You have a direct link to the app catalog on the phone. Apps download in seconds. True Picturemail is great. The email HTML is great too. Only one issue so far is you have to delete each email individually, but I see that being fixed by an update real soon.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Just got a Clear and Gun metal case from BB at break time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0139.jpg (601.7 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0140.jpg (484.6 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

im waiting for until u can tether with pre to get it atm sprint has block that so i rather wait and tp 2 for sprint is coming june 11 sprint tech are already training on them

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I went to the Sprint store to see what all the hype was about. I played around with the Pre for about 20 minutes and there was nothing about it that impressed me enough to dump my Touch Pro. Cramped keyboard and no on screen keyboard(from what i could tell) along with the small size just are not for me. I heard they are selling fast though. I will wait for he TP2. I like WINMO

Hit the thanks!
It seems to me they made this keyboard for one handed typing. I can still do it with two but one hand works for me.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

JBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm199 View Post
I'm guessing these are all sold out, now? Does anyone know how many of these a particular store had allocated to them? I heard it was only a handful per store, is that true? Yeah, give them some time and the 3rd party apps will start to flow. As for the looks of the phone, I personally think the Pre is SEXY, but I think I would like the option of a soft keyboard for landscape usage to add more keyboard real estate.
The inventory was allocated based on the population density of surrounding markets. I live in a smaller pop. dens. not too far away from Chicago. Stores in the Chicago area got 30-50 a store while the store closest to me had 9. I'm not claiming that's the only way the allocations are being made, but it seems that's the way it's starting out. It's possible that the volume on each store's waiting list could determine future consignment levels per store. I'm 80th on the list in my area but my friend in Chicago is #232 ... yay for me. Maybe the Touch Pro2 will be on Sprint.com by the time I get the call to come pick up the Prē.

Last edited by JBundy; 06-08-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

Viral is a n00b

Quote:
You have a direct link to the app catalog on the phone. Apps download in seconds. True Picturemail is great. The email HTML is great too. Only one issue so far is you have to delete each email individually, but I see that being fixed by an update real soon.
You can flick the email msgs to the right or left to delete, you don't need to go in and look at each one to delete, found that out by accident today.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre