PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life with WebOS 1.4

So how's everyone's battery life after updating to WebOS 1.4? Mine is horrible to the point of my Pre being unusable.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Re: Battery Life with WebOS 1.4

usually after an update people notice changes in their battery life ranging from great to "horrible" as you're experiencing. Try draining ur battery all the way out before charging and after it's complete, leave it charging for at least an additional hour. To answer your question though, my battery life hasn't changed much. If anything it drains faster.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 03-07-2010, 05:15 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
...my battery life hasn't changed much. If anything it drains faster.
Same here.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've flatlined the battery several times and charged overnight. Made no difference at all. That's probably the last straw for me. No choice but to go back to the blackberry until Palm comes up with a fix. The Pre drops about 15% per hour on standby. Forget it if you're actually using it. The update has the same effect on my Pixi as well. Yes, I own a Pixi. My granddaughter uses it lol.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm PrĂȘ

polo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
I've flatlined the battery several times and charged overnight. Made no difference at all. That's probably the last straw for me. No choice but to go back to the blackberry until Palm comes up with a fix. The Pre drops about 15% per hour on standby. Forget it if you're actually using it. The update has the same effect on my Pixi as well. Yes, I own a Pixi. My granddaughter uses it lol.
wow 15% per hour so you can use your phone just from 8 to 4
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

People don't need to "discharge" their batteries anymore. You had to do this in the past because of nickel-cadium batteries. They retained a "memory" after every charge cycle and would lose the power unless they were fully discharged and lost the memory.

Today we use lithium-ion power cells and they benefit the end user by frequently being "topped-off".

I've heard this argument over and over...but remember before you upgrade it is general practice to fully charge the battery before doing so. Also try taking out the battery for a few moments and if that doesn't work, hard reset the device.

Hope this helps somebody out!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

My battery life has improved considerably. Of course, around the same time I got my Airave (which is probably the single best way to reduce battery consumption) and installed the scaling PowerSave550 patch.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I didn't notice a difference when I tried the PowerSave patch so I removed it after a month.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

no difference here
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

After upgrading to 1.4 my battery life took an initial dip...but after a few days it was working as it should. My drain rate on average is running between 2%-4% an hour.

After updates it seems to take a few days for the battery to settle down.

And of course a lot of it depends on your how much effort your Pre spends on searching for a good signal. So use wife as much as possible and an Airave at home or work certainly helps too.

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 03-25-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre