PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

cyberneticdna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cyberneticdna
Need Assistance with Palm Pre on Cricket Network

Hello Everyone

Just got a palm pre recently that had been flashed to cricket's network. CDMA is new to me I have a HTC Fuze (Touch Pro) and have changed roms, etc. etc. on that phone but I'm having problems understanding the dynamics of the Pre.

I purchased the phone that was previously flashed. I'm trying to get the Pre App Store working properly. As of now internet is working, gps, mms, talk, text. For some odd reason when I try to access Palm Pre App store I get "App store is unavailable, try again later" doh!

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I would be more then happy to give more information if needed. I don't have the phone with me at the moment to upload screen shots, etc.

Please Help
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cyberneticdna is a n00b
Re: Need Assistance with Palm Pre on Cricket Network

So far on this issue I have did a partial reset and I have installed preware. On preware I have disabled feeds Palm catalog & Palm catalog updates if I not mistaken. When I try to install Friends book or any other application that isn't tied to the app store it doesn't install. I have noticed that I don't see the icon for the package manager, but in preware it does show it is installed. I'm using Web OS 1.3.1 and the most update preware.

Please let me know if anyone has any other troubleshooting steps I can take to get this operational.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: cricket

jyv18 is a n00b

Hello guys need the same help if anyone can help us resolve this. I have palm pre fully flashed to cricket, everything works except the Palm Catalog app and I know it has something to do with the Palm Pre Profile which i cant create either.

Any help?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

theclerk74 is keeping up the good worktheclerk74 is keeping up the good work

I believe you need to have a profile set up with Palm. I have one from when I had my Pre with Sprint. You can try and set one up by running "First Use", but I don't know if it will work. I tried to make a new profile, and got an error.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cyberneticdna is a n00b

Any help on setting up Preware. I'm able to access the applications, but it doesn't allow me to download and install them. When I'm clicking the install button nothing happens and this is with preware with the app catalog disabled. Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:38 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Try these links:

WebOS Quick Install
Preware

Post back if you have issues.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

^^^^^What he said!

late,
Coz
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

theclerk74 is keeping up the good worktheclerk74 is keeping up the good work

That should work, but in even in Preware, if you have the Palm Catalog as a source... It still won't let you install any of those apps. I believe you can install any others though.

Thing is, with the Cricket "ROM" that's being sold, one of the bugs is not being able to setup a Palm Profile. I have read that there is a work around, but it's not so easy. Basically, you need to flash a WebOS that bypasses activation, use Wifi to create a Profile and then reflash the Cricket "ROM"... Problem with this, is that you have to make/find a Meta Dotored WebOS, AND have access to the Cricket "ROM", which is being sold for $200 I believe.

I guess another option would be to see if anyone has a Pre that isn't flashed, and see if they would mind doing a full erase, and let you create a profile from that phone. My profile I created when the Pre first came out works just fine on my new Pre that is flashed to Cricket, so that should work as well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre