PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dutch169 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What To Do....

I am at a cross roads here. I currently have a TP2 on Verizon and have to choose between a Pre or Android. I have read numerous posts about it here but would like some questions answered by people who own one and use it. My concern is that I had a Palm Treo before and felt it too laggy and slow. I read and use MS Word and found that the treo wouldn't do that. Granted I had that phone a few years ago so I'm sure things have changed. I also like to customize my phones and found that a winmo is easy to do. I don't know exactley how the Pre runs and can I switch Roms like winmo can. I've been reading about webos but being a noob to palm I'm not sure if that is a Rom or application to change the home screen. So what I am basically asking is, can the Pre read, edit, and create MS Word documents. How is the internet on it, and storage. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:54 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: What To Do....

Unfortunately you can only read Word docs and not edit/create but DataViz does have Doc2Go in the works. You also can't change ROMs which I'm really not finding as a downfall. I was constantly trying to customize my Winmo phone and I was never happy with the outcome for more that a couple of days. Internet on it is great so far and there is no expandable storage though you are give 8 Gb.

I got this device a week after it was launched and so far I could not be any happier with my decision. So far I have 3 out of 4 lines on a Pre.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

dutch169 is just getting started
Re: What To Do....

I think the no expandable storage just sealed the deal for me. All my info is on my card and its alot of documents and pictures. I think having that on the phones memory would weight it down to much. Thanks for the info Sanmanc. I was going to get it tomorrow.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre