PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: alright pre fans... talk it up.

Ehh I found it perty easy to customize IMO.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i have been through WM, Android, iPhone, and WebOS and let me tell you something.... this is the third time i come crawling back to the Pre.

WebOS IMO is the BEST OS out there when it comes to ease of use, elegance, well implemented features, and potential. Multitasking cant be beat, and now that native programming is now supported and official, the sky is the limit when it comes to apps and possibilities. We have Need For Speed Undercover running smooth as butter and eye popping like the iPhone version since we use the same ARM Cortex 8 CPU so anything that is possible in the 3GS when it comes to graphics is possible with the Pre.

wanna see? watch THIS ..... THIS and THIS

Feburary is the announced date for the 1.4 update where we will get official video recording and a beta of flash 10 so flash games and content is fully available to us

need a demo? see HERE and HERE
Old 01-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Ehh I found it perty easy to customize IMO.

Ya its easy to customize.. just meant u know with wm u have all these diff. things like spb, winterface,, shells period.. or create your own from scratch...

I havent seen anything like that on webos yet..
Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

DAD-PC is a n00b

as webOS hits other carriers, options will pick up for it. Right now there is little reason save for self motivated developers to work on it since its market share is so low.

never understood why companies with new OS's limit themselves at the start. Look at the explosion of android as the reason to not do this. Just cause it worked for apple, doesn't mean its guaranteed to work for your new OS. end rant.

I've talked most of my friends into getting Pixi's as we lack any good wifi around here, just wish it was as fast as a stripped down Pre.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

loving my pre. returning the hero next week, and havent touched my touch pro 2 since (besides making sure i didnt miss calls etc, only to find its frozen lmao).
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2, htc hero,palm pre
Carrier: sprint,cricket

shawnageek is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to shawnageek

ok fourm i have a problem and i need a fix i paid this guy 100 bucks to flash my palm pre twice put every thing worked he put together a custom rom for cricket and every thing worked even the sprint tv but only some times. i updated my os to palm webOs 1.3.5.1 and put my phone back to sprint any thing will help
Old 02-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

he means flashing roms, i would imagine, plus skinning, and modifying apps. regedit. its fun, but you shouldn't need to do that as much as winmo makes you do. it seems getting a winmo phone is the first step. getting it working right is tricky.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
i have been through WM, Android, iPhone, and WebOS and let me tell you something.... this is the third time i come crawling back to the Pre.

WebOS IMO is the BEST OS out there when it comes to ease of use, elegance, well implemented features, and potential. Multitasking cant be beat, and now that native programming is now supported and official, the sky is the limit when it comes to apps and possibilities. We have Need For Speed Undercover running smooth as butter and eye popping like the iPhone version since we use the same ARM Cortex 8 CPU so anything that is possible in the 3GS when it comes to graphics is possible with the Pre.

wanna see? watch THIS ..... THIS and THIS

Feburary is the announced date for the 1.4 update where we will get official video recording and a beta of flash 10 so flash games and content is fully available to us

need a demo? see HERE and HERE

makrio kart? is that emulator or stand alone? damn would be nice to see some sns/nes/sega games on pre. i would actually play those.

damn i was watching the demo videos you posted. what a neat and tidy device. can't wait til telus stops torturing me and orders the pre plus already.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
makrio kart? is that emulator or stand alone? damn would be nice to see some sns/nes/sega games on pre. i would actually play those.

damn i was watching the demo videos you posted. what a neat and tidy device. can't wait til telus stops torturing me and orders the pre plus already.
its an emulator. visualboy advance to be exact. i have it and so far so good on playing gameboy and gameboy advance games

theres some new stuff out since i last posted. take a lookie...

gangstar: west coast hustle (95% identical to grand theft auto)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoEToWYFRXY

assasins creed: altairs chronicals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOpoWK4aphA

there are much more available, but i have all i mentioned so far and i gotta say that next to the iPhone, Palm Pre has gotta be the BEST gaming mobile OS out there. We are currently waiting Gameloft to port NOVA to the Pre since they mentioned that they will port the grand mayority of iphone games to the pre since it uses the same chip thus can easily handle them

take a look at nova http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUf6Cg1vwI

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 02-13-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Tags
not a iphone, palm pre