PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

conflikt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to conflikt
Question

Hello I am a user of a HTC touch pro that has died 3 times within 5 months. If sprint refuses to give me a BB Tour or Touch pro 2 i am considering this phone. They offered me the BB curve, Palm Pre, Treo Pro or the HTC Snap in replace of my HTC touch pro which are all pretty much down grades.. I refused to take any of these phones and told them i would call Sprint. I was not ignorant or anything like that. I am hoping they will give me the Touch Pro 2 though granted i have been with them for 4 years and get 2 new phones every year and spend $160 a month on my bill lol

Anyways If I trade my Touch Pro for a Pre how does the Pre compare to the Touch Pro? Also what are the pluses and minuses of a the Palm Pre? Is it possible to use MS office mobile with the Palm pre because i use MS office due to college.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Re: Question

Sprint is supposed to give you an equal or better phone than you have currently. Those phones that they've offered aren't technically equivalent and if I was you, I'd argue that with Sprint. Any single missing feature, no wifi, no touch screen, etc is enough to not make the replacement an equivalent. I've also read in the Touch Pro forum here that other Touch Pro users are getting Touch Pro 2's as their repair replacements.

As far as the Pre, I like the Pre better than the Touch Pro. One big minus for you is going to be the lack of editing ability for Office Documents on the Pre. Current you can only view Office Docs. The editing application still hasn't come out.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

conflikt is a n00b

Well they screwed me, and told me they are getting rid of the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2 which is a bunch of bullshit. I will argue with them because I had my Touch Pro for a month which cost $500 and it died and they gave me a used phone.. I got a month use out of a $500 phone and im going to my third one now. Oh and btw i paid $200 for the Touch Pro because i had a Blackberry Bold that was "US Cellular" branded and it come from the corporate head quarters i did not even know it until it broke and i wanted to get it repaired that it was not sprint branded because i had a case on it. If they refuse me over the 1800 number i will drop the CEO of Sprint a nice email.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

There are a couple threads that already discuss the pros and cons of the Pre vs. the TP and TP2.

As MachineHead said, Sprint is supposed to provide a phone of equal or greater quality/features then your old one.

Be aware though that dealing with Sprint (and most customer service centers) can be a pain in the ass. The best advice is to call and be exceedingly nice. Don't call up with an attitude or no one will want to help you. If you don't get want you want from the first rep say "thank you very much...have a pleasant day" and hang up. Before you call Sprint again take a walk or workout or watch some tv and chill. Call up another Sprint rep and work the polite angle again. Tell them exactly what's going on....remain calm and ask them to work with you. Again, don't get on and immediately ask for their manager, etc. You gotta work the system.

I've spent many hours on the phone to get our plan the way it is now...I've called 3 times in one day and have done the on-line chat thing in the same day.

You gotta just keep bangin' away......but be nice about it.

late,
Coz
Old 12-04-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

conflikt is a n00b

I got a Palm Pre , I did want a TP2 but i am not going to stress over it, I do know that it is not on the list for certain. Also the TP uses the same processor as the TP so i am sure there will be problems with it as well. I liked the TP but i want a reliable phone that works and does not break every month or so. With that being said I am just glad that they swapped my phone out for another phone free of charge. Can anyone tell me some nice apps to get with the Pre?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Head over to PreCentral.net.

You'll want to get yourself WebOS Quick Install for the pc and Preware for the Pre. After familiarizing yourself with both you can install HomeBrew Apps and Tweaks.

late,
Coz
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre