PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Man pcworld is on this like rye on bread(the good kind) :)

that guy is pretty much keeping it real. the version they will release is kind of weak. the newer versions you can move the icons around but not being able to do that would be a pain. also we knew 6.5 was a patch for 6.1. everyone knows winmo 7 is suppose to be the revolutionary change. also ive been saying it for days that the Zune should be the next phone, the music player on that is killing. also i do have to agree when he says the app store supports every os when its only suppose to support 6.5.
i start to disagree when he starts talking about the iphone being better. you will only get a better experience if thats your thing. i have a touch and i only use it for the music player because its vastly superior, other then that the iphone lacks many features i need. overall im happy with 6.5 but i guess it all depends on what your expecting.

Last edited by p-slim; 10-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i have a touch and i only use it for the music player because its vastly superior, .
I have a 16 gig 2nd gen ipod touch.

I also use it for music & I also use it to browse the internet tethered to my TP2 with WMWIFIrouter.

~John
Old 10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

will there be a way to get TF3D 2.5 w/out upgrading to 6.5?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I liked WM6.5 until the TP2 came out and showed me that 6.1 can be just as nice as 6.5 but with more stability.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

The 6.5 out of the box experience will of course be disappointing. However leave it to all the ROM cooks out there to make it the most enjoyable Winmo experience you have ever had. Add to that all the folks that will create customization software & tweaks & you will have a finished product with all the options you could ever want...(aside from full 3D support )

I still love my Ipod for carousing the internet over my TP, but I'll deal with it. It's a small price to pay for such a powerful productivity oriented device. The Winmo development community is huge & I look forward to all the customizations I am going to be making!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

All the people that are saying you don't like 6.5, the only thing that REALLY changed that you can see is the start menu. And yes, you can customize it and move icons around and create folders for programs.

besides that, 6.5 has better memory management, and MUCH better scrolling capabilities
Old 10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

Witout HTC touch flow, winmo is done. that's my two cents
Old 10-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

People are focusing too much on what they see and not enough on what's under the hood. Much like the Vista hating and people saying "Windows 7 is so much more awesome!" Guess what, it's like 80% vista. :P It's just more pretty and has optimizations/fixes/etc. Much like previous WinMo to 6.5 without the pretty.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Review...

Here is one from ZDNET:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=2213&tag=nl.e539

More of the same...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Review...

Thanks psiphi.

His closing thoughts hit is on the head...

Quote:
I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from this point release, but I was expecting more than what Microsoft delivered. I expected to be able to place icons where I wanted them on the Start displays, I expected to have finger friendly menus throughout the OS, and I expected some attention to the media player, device search, and more.

I am a fan of Windows Mobile, but find very little added value in this Windows Mobile 6.5 release and would never recommend anyone actually purchase a new device just to get this update on their smartphone. We are going to have to wait and see if Microsoft can pull anything out of the hat in Windows Mobile 7, but with the current schedule of late 2010, most likely slipping into 2011 like this release, I think the T-Mobile Touch Pro2 may be my last Windows Mobile device for quite some time.
Sounds familiar.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives