PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Microsoft Pins October 6 as Windows Mobile 6.5 Launch Date

I wonder how thats gonna work out for the new TP2? Will the release date be pushed back to ship with 6.5?

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ailablePR.mspx

Microsoft to Deliver New Generation of Windows Phones on Oct. 6
Leading mobile operators and phone manufacturers worldwide prepare to introduce an array of sleek new Windows phones.

REDMOND, Wash. — Sept. 1, 2009 — Microsoft Corp. today announced that Windows® phones will be widely available at retail stores worldwide on Oct. 6, 2009. The new phones will be the first to feature Windows Mobile 6.5, the latest version of Microsoft’s mobile phone software, and will deliver new customer experiences through an improved, easy-to-use user interface, better browsing capabilities and access to valuable services, including Windows Marketplace for Mobile and Microsoft My Phone.

“A Windows phone gives people a single phone that works for their whole life, keeping them connected to the people and information they care most about by harnessing the power of the PC, phone and Web,” said Todd Peters, corporate vice president of the Mobile Communications Marketing Group at Microsoft.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 09-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: VZDUB

pasquale073 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to pasquale073
Re: Microsoft Pins October 6 as Windows Mobile 6.5 Launch Date

I'm wondering if the official release in going to look like the older builds posted in their screen shots. I've gotten used to and like the 23037 build.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

23017 was the rtm build and I expect htc to have an update soonafter the official release
so it won't look like 23037 (which is .5.1) sadly but I can see the direction of microsoft moving to wvga devices
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
WM 6.5 upgrade date announced

Recent News
Windows Mobile 6.5 & Marketplace to be Launched on Oct. 6
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
Tuesday, September 1st at 08:35 AM

We knew Windows Mobile 6.5 and Marketplace were both slated to launch in the coming months, but now we might have an actual date. According to Mobile News, Microsoft has announced that Windows Mobile 6.5, Marketplace and My Phone (cloud storage service) will be officially launched on October 6th.

This will mark the global launch of handsets running Windows Mobile 6.5 and current, eligible handsets (like the Touch Pro2), should receive a free update around that date as well. We’ll keep you posted as we receive more information. For now, circle that date on your calendars, it will be a good one for Windows Mobile enthusiasts world wide.

Update: It's confirmed, Microsoft has, in fact, announced the launch date of WM6.5 and Marketplace. CNET helps shed some more light on the matter by stating, "The software maker said on Tuesday that the first phones running Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch worldwide on October 6 and will include phones running on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless." Specific handsets were not mentioned. Also not confirmed, is the amount of apps that have been submitted & approved for Marketplace.

(Via: Mobile News & CNET)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: WM 6.5 upgrade date announced

good info leanne =)
Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: WM 6.5 upgrade date announced

Great info all!

Threads Merged!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Great! Now to see who has this running on the Telus TP2 first.... Telus, or Mighty Mike
Old 09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

too bad 6.5 looks like crap and titanium is utter garbage. thank god i customize the heck outta my phone. i pray winmo 7 will be a total redesign.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Well, I guess I know when Im gettin my TP2 then... No need to get it now if it almost identical to the first TP.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
too bad 6.5 looks like crap and titanium is utter garbage. thank god i customize the heck outta my phone. i pray winmo 7 will be a total redesign.
one man's trash is another man's simplicity
I like 6.5.1

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives