PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC meeting in Minneapolis June 25

Some may ask what does that have to do with anything? Well at this point it's all speculation, but i work at a hotel in Minneapolis, MN, which also happens to be the headquarters for Best Buy. As we all know, as of late Best Buy has been releasing sprint phones before the sprint stores even gets them. Well i have reason to believe that the HTC meeting taking place on June 25th is with Best Buy to talk about upcoming devices. This is a good sign because that could mean that are Touch Pro 2 isn't to far away. I will have a chance to speak with the rep when he is here and see what info he can give me. Hopefully it will be good news. Everybody keep thier fingers crossed
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC meeting in Minneapolis June 25

Seeing as they have publicly announced an upcoming "showing" for the day before (6/24), its likely we'll have some idea of whats to come the day before.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
HTC showing some new stuff in London on June 24

Accoding to Engadget HTC's throwing itself a little party starting at 11:30AM local time in London on Wednesday, June 24, though it's not saying what sorts of goodies will be unveiled there. As you might recall, the Touch Diamond was unveiled at a similar event just over a year ago, so it's very likely an important product that's going to be shown; the odds-on favorite would have to be the HTC Hero and its customized Android-based interface, but at this point, it's anybody's guess.

Update: Here's an interesting clue -- that's a rose on the dude's chest, as in the Rosie interface. Get it, eh? Eh?

Source: Engadget

Last edited by tsowen; 06-04-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
Some may ask what does that have to do with anything? Well at this point it's all speculation, but i work at a hotel in Minneapolis, MN, which also happens to be the headquarters for Best Buy. As we all know, as of late Best Buy has been releasing sprint phones before the sprint stores even gets them. Well i have reason to believe that the HTC meeting taking place on June 25th is with Best Buy to talk about upcoming devices. This is a good sign because that could mean that are Touch Pro 2 isn't to far away. I will have a chance to speak with the rep when he is here and see what info he can give me. Hopefully it will be good news. Everybody keep thier fingers crossed
Are you getting to go to the event!?! That would be pretty sweet. If it's open to the public or for a nominal fee, PM me. I would definitely go!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Young-E
Threadstarter

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Are you getting to go to the event!?! That would be pretty sweet. If it's open to the public or for a nominal fee, PM me. I would definitely go!
It's not really an event. It's more of a private meeting. I just work in the sales office so i will be able to speak with there group contact. I have a good feeling about this. I think we will see the touch pro 2 on stores selves next month.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is the 3rd thread like this they say june?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Young-E
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
this is the 3rd thread like this they say june?
June is when the meeting is so i would bet on a July release
Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Young-E
Threadstarter

So here is an Update the meeting is taking place as we speak and i had a chance to speak with a few HTC reps. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that there will be an Touch Pro 2 in the US next month. The bad news is it might not be on sprint though. HTC is having a meeting with T-mobile about the launch of the Touch Pro 2 and there version of the Snap (can't remember what they call it). The rep said that the Pro 2 will launch July 22nd and she was unsure of when Sprint will release the phone. It's possible that sprint will release the phone around the same time but the reps said that t-mobile will release the phone first. I don't know how factual this is but they seemed pretty sure. The yhave some flyers i will try to get and upload. Hope this is helpful. I know the t-mobile customers will be happy.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

id rather have the Hero anyways

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post