PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Invest In Palm

Take a look at Palm's stocks. Up 80% since Friday. I'm no expert, but I'd say the Pre is making this stock skyrocket. Even if the Pre is a bust, a stock like this is a get-rich-quick opportunity so if you've got some money, invest into Palm lol.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Re: Invest In Palm

The Treo Pro and the Pre are going to be huge for Palm. Good to see them coming back because open competition is healthy for everyone.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Too late. I almost put a bit into Palm and Sprint pre-CES but I already missed my shot I think.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:28 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

if I had invested all my money back when it was 1.88 a share (one month ago) I could have made 14k
Old 01-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I don't even want to think about it. If I was a gambler, my girlfriend just got her college loan money for the year. 18k sitting in her checking account. Could have made enough to pay off her car and my credit card. Then again, I am not the type to gamble with other people's money and especially not money needed to cover her expenses for a little while.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah the way I see it is I have always had a little bit of money to the side for some kind of investment but I just do not know enough about that kind of stuff to actually go through with it.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Yeah the way I see it is I have always had a little bit of money to the side for some kind of investment but I just do not know enough about that kind of stuff to actually go through with it.
I figured with all the reading of rumors and tech sites that I do, I would have a decent shot with this sort of thing. I toyed with the idea of investing in Sprint and Palm ahead of CES just because they were so cheap and had a chance of jumping if something good was announced. I ultimately did not invest because I have some debt to pay off and I didn't want to spend my money speculating. The unfortunate part is that if I had invested what was in my account and my girlfriend's account, I could have paid off my remaining college debt, car, and credit card debt I just don't have the financial leeway to risk it in the market like that.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

I didnt invest because i dont know how. How should I get started? Just go to etrade?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think that all of us geekers should invest in sprint.can you imagine sprint being owned by ppcgeeks?we would corner the market!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Its no big deal, I'll just borrow the Delorean, go back and make a few investments. Done, and done.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives