PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Zune Phone Confirmed! Launch Scenario! 4G WiMax Action!

Zune Phone Confirmed! Launch Scenario! 4G WiMax Action! Rumors Off the WTF-o-Meter (click to read more)
Quote:
We don’t wanna say we told you so, but, ya know, we did. On Monday, Microsoft filed a mystery application with the FCC for an enigmatic wireless device that could be used to talk over the Internet....
So to summarize:

- Zune Phone might be announced next month and released in May

- It'll use Sprint's upcoming 4g Wimax technology

- You could trade songs with your friends, anywhere in the US with Wimax

Wow, this could get real interesting if all true! Note: this won't compete with Windows Mobile devices as those are more business orientated. This would compete directly with the iPhone. I bet this thing has Windows Live! (including push Hotmail) built-in as well.

Lets just hope it works well
Old 02-09-2007, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Blofeld is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Blofeld
Wow, taking it to the next level.

There are naysayers who think Sprint's Wi-Max venture is destined to fail. Actually Wi-Max will be expanded to non-Sprint devices (notebooks, ipods, etc.) that can be used on Sprint's network.

If Wi-Max succeeds the same way that Wi-Fi did for wireless networking, then Verizon, AT&T will have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
this is something i would'nt mind having. i dont like ipods, or the iphone, i think they are way overrated. everyone has one, i do like mp3 players though and i really like the zune. they r kinda pricey right now, but i love they way they look and feel. collaberating that with a phone and having the ability to trade songs is unbelievably exciting and very innovating. this will make it a great device.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
It'll be fun just for the drama. I'd love to see a 4g device launch 1 month before the iPhone.

You just know this will be priced no higher than $249 w/2 year contract. Ballmer specifically laughed at the iPhones stupid high price, so he'll undercut them on purpose.

I think Sprint's Wimax (open) network is going to be amazing.

I'm not psyched about the Zune so much as I've heard it's kinda "eh", but what they are doing is the RIGHT direction I see for the mobile/converged/media market.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Just watching the competition between Apple and MS is too much fun! When I saw the iPhone I loved it, and I wanted one (I still do) but if this Zune phone is for real I may be changing my mind, especially if the price is lower, which that article speculates it very well may be. Ah, such exciting times.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Re: Zune Phone Confirmed! Launch Scenario! 4G WiMax Action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Zune Phone Confirmed! Launch Scenario! 4G WiMax Action! Rumors Off the WTF-o-Meter (click to read more)
Quote:
We don’t wanna say we told you so, but, ya know, we did. On Monday, Microsoft filed a mystery application with the FCC for an enigmatic wireless device that could be used to talk over the Internet....
So to summarize:

- Zune Phone might be announced next month and released in May

- It'll use Sprint's upcoming 4g Wimax technology

- You could trade songs with your friends, anywhere in the US with Wimax

Wow, this could get real interesting if all true! Note: this won't compete with Windows Mobile devices as those are more business orientated. This would compete directly with the iPhone. I bet this thing has Windows Live! (including push Hotmail) built-in as well.

Lets just hope it works well
I hope the trading isnt like the catastrophe of the 3 for 3; (3 listens or 3 days - whichever comes first) then the song is useless to you cause you cant play / listen to it again.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex
I hope the trading isnt like the catastrophe of the 3 for 3; (3 listens or 3 days - whichever comes first) then the song is useless to you cause you cant play / listen to it again.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I don't have a Zune but I did some searching last night and they've already figured out a way to get by that. I'm sure it'll happen the same way when the phone comes out. We'll be able to get it to do whatever we want.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I love root

First Zune Phone Photo Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchGear, Blake Robinson
With all the clamor goin’ down about the Zune Phone today, I guess it was inevitable. The blogosphere is an arena of oneupmanship and we have officially been one-upped by DSL Reports.

It has secured the first known picture of Microsoft’s hotly anticipated Zune Phone. To quote Gizmodo’s Brian Lam, “It isn’t what I expected at all.”
Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
LMAO! Thats so wrong! :P

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives