PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New 1.5 Inch, Android Slider Announced, currently carrierless, let's go Sprint!

Quote:
We don't know what everybody else in the phone business has been doing lately, but Inbrics has just unveiled what looks to be the near-ultimate Android phone. The Inbrics M1 is a slider handset with a (great) 3.7-inch WVGA AMOLED display, 3 megapixel camera, front-facing VGA camera, 16GB of built-in storage, microSD slot and all the other usual trimmings, but what's particularly stunning is that the phone is not only half an inch thick, but it has a full QWERTY keyboard that's surprisingly clicky and typable. The phone is running Android 1.5 right now, but it should be up to Android 2.0 by the time it hits the market in March. The biggest concern is the 800MHz Samsung processor, the same chip that's in the Samsung Moment, but the interface (as demonstrated in the video after the break) is smooth as butter, and they demo'd it playing back 720p video just fine.

Inbrics actually has a lot of custom UI and software running on top of Android, but the most interesting part is what they're doing with video calling and beaming media from handset to videophone to TV to laptop over DLNA or through an access point device that plugs into the TV over HDMI. Inbrics also has a Cover Flow-style media browser that isn't super deep in functionality, but still puts the stock Android stuff to shame, and some rather sexy custom widgets.

The plan is apparently to get a carrier to bite and rebrand this phone in the US, so price and availability are still pretty hard to pin down, but if this phone can hit the market soon it sure could give the rest of the QWERTY Android sliders out there some body image issues.
Full Article here:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/09/i...en-probably-e/

Let's hope sprint get's on their stuff and grabs this baby. This is personally the phone I've been waiting for if WM7 doesn't impress. They need to get an AGGRESSIVE marketing campaign going and grab this with WIMAX.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b
Re: New 1.5 Inch, Android Slider Announced, currently carrierless, let's go Sprint!

http://206.130.124.199/device2/artic...069TX1K0001121

Wimax inside Similar processor to the moment. It appears to be a different and faster version though. Funny my buddy just etf'd off sprint and he saw this device yesterday sending me link saying how bad he wanted it. It would be hilarious if it does come to sprint and he comes back. O M G HDMI OUT? I just messed myself.

Given the tech inside this actually may be a possibility. They were shopping it.
"You're more likely to see the M1 coming from a firm like Clearwire or a cable company than from a traditional wireless provider, Cha said."
BOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 01-10-2010, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Re: New 1.5 Inch, Android Slider Announced, currently carrierless, let's go Sprint!

sprint wont get it becasue people want it they only seem to get what we dont want
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
sprint wont get it becasue people want it they only seem to get what we dont want

exactly! and if gay flip phones were still in, sprint would be the carrier of choice.

Hero is flying
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint PCS

PeterDLai is a n00b

Considering WiBro is Korea's version of WiMax, and Sprint will be the only wireless carrier promoting this technology for 4G in the US, the chances of this hitting Sprint don't seem too far off...

... especially because the recently appointed President of 4G at Sprint Nextel is Matt Carter, who also happens to be on the Board of Directors of Inbrics Company Limited.

Make it happen, Matt!

Source
Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

bworlock is a n00b

Im sorry but that phone is weak. I wont settle for anything less than the HD2 and sprint has until spring or im longggggggg gone.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't know what you mean, it's got a great screen, wimax, a strong processor (800 MHZ), etc. The Droid and Iphone have similar processors and though the nexus one is running snapdragon it will probably be clocked down some unless the extra processing power is needed because android is pretty efficient from what I've seen. It's thin as well with a full qwerty, this is a great phone. If the camera is good I think this for $180 on two year contract could be real attractive.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

bworlock is a n00b

By all means its not a bad phone but just comparing it to the nexus or hd2 its the least appealing with a weaker camera and processor but I guess I shouldnt expect anything less from sprint. Im just mad about the HD2 lol.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i understand what you're saying but this processor can definitely handle most if not all the tasks the snapdragon processor can. i mean the hd2 has been out but they still dont have official support from groups like the unreal team that havve managed to reproduce the engine on the iphone 3gs which i believe has a processor of the same family line but a lower clock.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 850

we350z is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to we350z Send a message via AIM to we350z Send a message via MSN to we350z Send a message via Yahoo to we350z Send a message via Skype™ to we350z

hmm - i want a thinner droid, if sprint gets something close to that I'm all over it.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives