PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

zaya is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Gotta Say I'm Kinda Disappointed

I got my Q yesterday...stayed up until 2am editing the registry per your guys recomendations... but some of its basic features are what is lacking.
Correct me if I'm wrong or just plain stupid.
-No ability to copy and paste
-No built in notes that sync with Outlook
-No MMS (I did read about this before buying so i guess ishouldnt complain)
-The question mark is a pain to access
-Video recording is tiny when played back
-Picture Caller ID is a joke
-I cant edit tasks (just create new ones or view old ones)

I knew it was WM5 Smartphone but MAN...I guess I might have to get the 700wx instead. If there are free programs that can fix some of my issues please share. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
you sound like you are ready to return the device. lol. i returned it once already but i got it back. here are my opinions on your questions:
- vito copy paste
- Smartphone notes [/url]http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail.asp?id=185http://<br /> - im also waiting for...to edit a task
Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: I Gotta Say I'm Kinda Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya
I got my Q yesterday...stayed up until 2am editing the registry per your guys recomendations... but some of its basic features are what is lacking.
Correct me if I'm wrong or just plain stupid.
-No ability to copy and paste
-No built in notes that sync with Outlook
-No MMS (I did read about this before buying so i guess ishouldnt complain)
-The question mark is a pain to access
-Video recording is tiny when played back
-Picture Caller ID is a joke
-I cant edit tasks (just create new ones or view old ones)

I knew it was WM5 Smartphone but MAN...I guess I might have to get the 700wx instead. If there are free programs that can fix some of my issues please share. Thanks in advance.
How is the "?" hard to access?

You just hit the "zero" key.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok...you know how they say sometimes the best place to hide something is in the open....kudos Motorola...im a dumb ass
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Most of your concerns are legit, though. I've just switched from a 6700 to a Q. I was tired of having to pull out a stylus to do something as simple as changing the profile to vibrate (don't get me started on that useless rocker switch on the side).

One tip I can give you on the video size. I "sling" video from Beyond TV to my Q. The default mapping of the "0" key to "fullscreen" in Windows Media Player on the Q didn't seem to work for me. So I mapped it to the spacebar. Now when I hit the spacebar my videos go full screen. It's still a pain that every time you pause or change the volume it goes back to windowed mode, but that's the case on the 6700 as well. At least on the Q everything opens landscape by default, which I love.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here is the registry mod/hack that i got from qusersDOTcom:
Forgive me if any of these have already been discovered, but here are some I have discovered on my own:
[Change video camera quality] (changes bitrate to 512Kbps)
[EDIT]I have posted more information in my thread including minor side effects[EDIT]
[/url]http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4532&start=15http://<br /> <br /> This is the p...0FPS to 15FPS)
http://. <br /> <br /> I don't kno...ried it.<br />
Old 06-13-2007, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i just installed Papyrus, and i see that you can edit tasks. its a great app. and this is the rest of the info:

Papyrus turns your Smartphone into a powerful time management system. Papyrus offers innovative and compelling tools to manage and keep track of your schedule, plus advanced views, category coloring, and icons far beyond the ability of the default Smartphone Calendar and Tasks programs. What's more, Papyrus is highly customizable, so it works the way you work while keeping the intuitive and user-friendly interface you expect of your Smartphone.

here is the link: http://www.sbsh.net/products/papyrus/
Old 06-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
SLING

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus
I "sling" video from Beyond TV to my Q. The default mapping of the "0" key to "fullscreen" in Windows Media Player on the Q didn't seem to work for me. So I mapped it to the spacebar. Now when I hit the spacebar my videos go full screen.
Well u use a slingbox right? So does wideawake. That's a cool device if u r using it. Well I hope that guy gets the Q working like he needs. GOODLUCK

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 06-16-2007, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: SLING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985
Well u use a slingbox right? So does wideawake. That's a cool device if u r using it. Well I hope that guy gets the Q working like he needs. GOODLUCK
thanks Courtney...i have installed smartphone notes and learned to live with some of my other disappointments.
Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and help!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q