PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 01:45 PM
N00b

widdlewade is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vista homescreen w/ threaded sms????

Has anyone tried this Vista homescreen. If you buy it, it claims to have a type of threaded sms.

http://www.jgui.net/black/vistaspinterface/index.html

I wonder if this works with the Q?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Vista homescreen w/ threaded sms????

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdlewade
Has anyone tried this Vista homescreen. If you buy it, it claims to have a type of threaded sms.

http://www.jgui.net/black/vistaspinterface/index.html

I wonder if this works with the Q?
It definitely works on the Q and in fact was made for that type of device.

Most people seem to really like it but I'm going to wait for a couple of more releases before I try, but I encourage you to take it for a spin.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

widdlewade is a n00b
Hey Mal,

I just downloaded the freeware version and 1.4 beta. I'm just wondering if the threaded sms part works...
Old 02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
N00b

whistler is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to whistler
i purchased it and I keep getting a gwes.exe (or something like that error)
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
I purchased it tonight through palmgear and did not realize I entered the wrong email address (misspelled it....Imaggie Thaat!

Had to contact their support by way of email and hopefully they'll get around to responding soon.

From what I read on their website, you can download it, but only a small portion of the program will work; I think just from the start screen. Pay for it, and skies the limit.

I figured that if it really does threaded sms, then $20 is a cheap price to pay for it.

Based on so much of what I've read on these forums, I suspect that you have to install one of the AKU's to get the threaded sms to work; and since I am so unfamiliar with what an AKU is, I'm not ready to chance screwing up something.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
PalmGear responded and sent me my registration number for this program. Let me first start by saying I am totally unimpressed with it. My purpose for getting the paid version was due to the mentioning of threaded SMS in the first post.

I have it on the PPC-6700. Vertically the program displays just fine; until I hope the keyboard. Horizontally it also displays fine, but once the keyboard is closed, it doesn’t extend vertically from top to bottom. About ¼ of the screen from the bottom is blank.

Settings – there is Program / Sidebar & Display / Weather Location / News Service Source

Program only offers a few options of how you’d like the program displayed; nothing great about that.

Sidebar & Display also doesn’t offer many options.

Weather Location offers allows for city, country or US Postcode (zip code), but when I enter my zip and click save, nothing happens. Don’t know if I need some sort of plug-in for the weather to be displayed. When I go back into it, the zip code is no longer there; has to be re-entered; do this enough times, and you’ll truly become sick of it.

News Service – I haven’t been bothered with that yet because I had no RSS feeds I wanted to enter into it so I cant say whether or not that feature works. Based on what it has done so far though, I doubt it.

The ABOUT menu gives you copyright info and a box to check to go to their website. I checked that box, my browser opened, and the page couldn’t be found because it doesn’t enter into the address field, so as far as your browser knows, there’s no page to open. So, in essence, that box on the about screen is also a waste.

Hide – that worked very well; its what this program should do….HIDE!

Exit – does that well too.

Maybe this works great on the Q, but for the PPC-6700, I am sure there are other noteworthy programs out there. Also, it did nothing related to threaded SMS….so save your money!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

toolz is a n00b
I am using the 1.3 version for smartphone on my Q. this program is sexy i would recommend to everyone. i usually hate big today screen plugin (in this case prgram) but im impressed here
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

widdlewade is a n00b
There's a link on the page that will let you download assorted programs for the samsung. Among these programs are components of the vista program, including the SMS threader. I've tried it, and IT DOESN'T WORK.
I guess we'll have to wait for the next AKU update to get such a program.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

michaelj1981 is just getting started
the link seems to be broken anyone have the file for it that they can share.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo 700WX

mikerangel is a n00b
ok no one really has anything good at all to say about this? im a newb with a 700wx and am not advanced enough to install those other homemade themes like other vista themes ive seen and the iphone theme. everytime i unzip them there is a bunch of files that i dont have any clue what to do with...so i must say i was pretty excited to see one available for purchase...but dissapointed to hear only negative feedback...bummer.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q