PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 07:32 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Droid won me over

I went to the Verizon store today to see it first hand, and after playing with it for an hour or so I HAD to have it, so I went home to order it online (so I could keep my Alltel plan and get the instant rebate) Now all I have to do is wait till Monday to actually recieve mine

I was worried about the keyboard after hearing all the negative feedback about it being flat, but seriously, I had absolutely no problems typing quickly with it and I'm 6'4" with large hands. The screen is absolutely amazing, even more so to me cause I'm coming to this phone from a Vogue lol. It's amazing how good a 3.7 inch capacitive WVGA screen can look. The phone feels very well constructed and very solid (nothing cheap looking here). I spent a little time looking through the Android Market and it didnt take long to see that there are TONS of free awesome apps to install immediately. The search feature (as expected) is top notch and the aGPS finds the phones location extremely fast, even inside the mall. The Dial pad for the phone has nice large buttons and the call quality sounds great. Scrolling is soooooo fast and smooth compared to what I'm used to. I didnt see one single thing I was dissappointed about in the hour or so that I played with it in the store. I'll keep an eye on what everybodys main questions are in the forums and add my input on Monday after I get mine.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

InfamousHB is a n00b
Re: The Droid won me over

What's this about keeping your alltel plan?

I've got a family plan with my lady and can't drop it. Was thinking there was no hope for droid for me.

Can you elaborate? I went to the store and was told that it would be incompatible?

Please tell me there's hope! =D>=D>=D>
Old 11-07-2009, 06:38 AM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

They told me the same thing at the store as well, tried to make me switch to a Verizon plan and upgrade both line on our shared plan. I ended up calling Verizon directly and the rep told me it was no problem keeping my alltell plan since I already had a data plan, so I renewed for 2 years while keeping my Alltel plan and got my Droid on the way. I have her contact info saved to my computer, if you want to contact the same rep I used just let me know and I'll PM the info to you
Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

I look forward to your reviews. I expect BIG things from the Droid. I am on the sprint side , but my girlfriend has Verizon. It might be a gift for her.
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

InfamousHB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
They told me the same thing at the store as well, tried to make me switch to a Verizon plan and upgrade both line on our shared plan. I ended up calling Verizon directly and the rep told me it was no problem keeping my alltell plan since I already had a data plan, so I renewed for 2 years while keeping my Alltel plan and got my Droid on the way. I have her contact info saved to my computer, if you want to contact the same rep I used just let me know and I'll PM the info to you
That would actually be great.
This is awesome news!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

I showed up at my local Verizon store at 5am waiting for my Droid. There were only about 6 of us that got the droid while I was there.

I asked to see it first, and literally after 30 seconds of seeing it, I told the rep. to bag one up for me. I've been playing with it ever since and I can't get enough of this device. I've already gone with my father and 3 other friends to return TP2's (30 day return policy for them) and get the Droid instead. The on screen keyboard is amazing, it works really well, and the physical keyboard is nice also, but I've started to adapt to the on screen.

The speed of this device is unmatched. I don't care what video review users have seen, they don't do this device justice. The weight of the Moto Droid IMO is a plus. The weight makes the device seem very sturdy and well built, not to mention that the frame of the device is metal, not plastic. The screen is vibrant and glass, making for one of the best touch screen experiences I've had yet. The battery door of the device has a texture to it, something like rubber coating giving a good feeling while using one or two handed.

The Android 2.0 OS has won me over. I loved WinMo but the lag and lack of finger friendly menus was a down side. I have yet to mis-select an option with Android 2.0. Unlike Apple, the 12,000+ apps for Android are actually useful, and not 1,000 copies of "Ordering from Pizza Hutt."

All of my contacts were stored in Outlook, which raised a bit of concern for me when it came to syncing them to the Moto Droid. It was really just a simple process of exporting them to CSV file, and importing them to my new Gmail account, all of which was done from my PC, and not having to connect the Droid to my computer. Call quality is crisp and clear, and the data speeds are everything I wanted when using the mobile browser. Google voice is great for finding local establishments or anything I've needed so far in testing and practicality.

I have connected the Moto Droid to my Windows 7 x64 Professional desktop and moving files to the memory card was simple and easy, not having to use any of the Windows Mobile sync software. The transfer of pictures, music, and other data went smooth and quickly.

I've been reading that the Google devs. have been listening to users complaints about the lack of ability to save apps to the SD card, and it seems like they are working on a simple patch to allow it, rather than having to root the device. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do the best I can to answer them. I paid the full $559 for the device, and still feel it was worth every penny.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

got mine this morning too and i am very pleased so far. the hard keyboard is not as bad as many blogs have stated and i find the dpad to be invaluable. i agree with you on the build quality and sturdiness its a very well put together phone. i thought it was ugly as sin when lookin at the pics online but the phone is gorgeous in person!

been poking around on some android forums all day and i like the direction android is headed. i still got my tp2 as i need it for business but the droid has impressed me a lot.
wouldnt say its better than the tp2 but its a very tight race to say the least.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i thought it was ugly as sin when lookin at the pics online but the phone is gorgeous in person!
My thoughts exactly.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

InfamousHB, you have a PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond+touch pro+pro 2
Carrier: vzw

ll31@q is just getting started

I am finished with windows,the droid is the truth,love it lik3 a far kid loves cake.oh yea got a brand new tp2 n imagio for sale

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid